Dr. H. S. Chhabra
Dr. H. S. Chhabra – Orthopaedic – Spine Surgeon
Orthopaedic – Spine Surgeon
Chief , MBBS, MS, 25 years of experience, New Delhi, IndiaSend Enquiry
Dr. H.S. Chhabra is a renowned Orthopaedic spine surgeon from New Delhi. He has done his MBBS from University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University; MS (Orthopaedics)- Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi and Post Graduate Certificate-National Institute of Health & Family Welfare. He has organized many conferences on Laser and Spine surgery, the latest being ENDOSPINE-2007, an International Conference on Percutaneous and Endoscopic Spine Surgery, held in New Delhi on 26th and 27th of May 2007. Dr.H.S. Chhabra is currently the Chairman and Head of Orthopaedic Department, Indian Spinal Injuries Centre New Delhi. He also heads the Department of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
Dr. Chhabra deals with all types of Spine patients ranging from Trauma to Tumor, Spinal Deformities, Backaches, Cervical and Lumbar Disc Herniations, Cervical Myelopathy, Spondylolisthesis and more. He has evolved a unique technique for minimally invasive spinal fusion. He is an opinion leader in the development of spinal endoscopes and other spinal implants and instruments, manufactured by famous international companies, like Karlstorz(Germany). Besides spine, he also performs complicated trauma surgery, like Pelviacetabular and Intraarticular Comminuted Fracture, Knee Replacement Surgery and Hip Replacement Surgery.
Dr. H S Chhabra is successfully performing all the Modern Spine Surgeries at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi with his team of spine surgeons, trained at renowned spine centers abroad. Besides Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Spine Surgery, he regularly performs surgeries like Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, Cervical and Lumbar Disc Replacements, Instrumented Spinal Fusions (PLIF, TLIF, ALIF), Tumor Surgeries with Expandable Cages and Vertebral Reconstructions, Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion with Cages/Plates, Scoliosis and Kyphosis Correction Surgery (Anterior/Posterior/Endoscopic). He specializes in Percutaneous Transforaminal Endoscopic Disc Surgeries under local anesthesia, where patients can resume his normal activities from the next day. This surgery is going to be the future of all spine surgeries. He is also a member of various medical centers. He has also served on the posts of director, senior director and other prestigious designations related to Neurosurgery and Orthopaedics.
- Orthopedics and Spine Surgeries,
- Cervical and Lumbar disc replacements,
- Instrumented spinal fusions (PLIF, TLIF, ALIF),
- Tumor surgeries with expandable cages and vertebral reconstructions,
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion with cages/plates,
- Scoliosis and kyphosis corrections surgery
- MBBS – University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University, 1986
- MS(Ortho) – Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, 1991
- Post Graduate Certificate – National Institute of Health & Family Welfare, 2000
- Spine Service, Dy. Medical Director- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre , 1997
- Spine Service, House Surgeon- Safdurjung hospital,New Delhi , 1988
- Orthopaedics, Resident and Post Graduate Student- Safdurjung hospital,New Delhi , 1988
- Orthopaedics, Senior Resident- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre , 1991
- Orthopaedics, Consultant- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre , 1995
- Orthopaedics, Medical Director- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre , 2007
- Orthopaedics, Chief- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre , 2004
- Opthalmology, Additional Medical Director- Indian Spinal Injuries Centre , 2002
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.