The New Generation Technology Now Helps Patients With Complete Tumor Excision Using The Most Advanced Hi Tech Brain Suite
Advanced imaging technique now developed to enable Neurosurgeons with intra-operative MRI to aid in the removal of complex and hard-to-access brain tumors during surgery. This new technique relies on a powerful computer system, which assists the surgeon in precisely localizing a lesion, in planning each step of the procedure on the computer screen, and in calculating the ideal access to the tumour before the operation.
This is particularly useful in reaching a tumour located deep inside the brain, areas traditionally considered to be difficult to reach. During the procedure, the computer tracks instrument movement with an extremely high precision, providing the surgeon with total control inside the brain at all times using “real-time” imaging. The surgeon can also check if the tumor has been removed as planned. This improves the outlook for the patient.
At Our world class hospitals in India we have also begun to use functional image-guidance for patients undergoing stereo-tactic radiosurgery.
It is the most advanced Neuro-Surgical Operating Room with high field MR. This system permits the neurosurgeon to have an MRI study on the patient during surgery, and if tumor has remained which was hidden to the human eye, can be detected by special MRI sequences, and can be targeted using neuro navigation (which works on the same principle as the GPS system).
The Brain Suite has two main parts. There is a high-intensity MRI scanner integrated with an image-guided surgical system. The MRI scanner has a wide-bore opening allowing a patient to lie on his or her side. Previously, tumors that could only be accessed from the side of the skull were not easy to scan. This special MRI system lets doctors repeat scans during the operation to get more accurate information on the location, shape and size of the tumor. This minimizes problems associated with brain tumors shifting during excision.
Conventional Neurosurgery to remove Brain Tumor
1. Conventional neurosurgical procedure like conventional craniotomy relies on surgeon’s visualization of the tumour. The surgeon has to spend time and significant effort to find the tumor.
2. In some types of tumours, surgeons may not completely visualize the tumour and there is a risk that surgeon can resect normal brain tissue along with the tumor, which can result in neurologic deficit, paralysis, loss of speech, blindness etc.
3. Normal brain tissue can be damaged unnecessarily. This can result in neurologic deficit and prolonged stay in the hospital.
4. A surgeon performs a subtotal removal of the tumor . The consequence is only partial tumor resection that will result in a faster recurrence of the tumor and neurological symptoms.
MRI Guided Brain Tumor Surgery in a Brain Suite, Next Generation Technology
1. The surgeon is guided during the surgery by live Advanced New Generation computer assisted MRI and thus knows exactly where tumor ends and normal brain begins.
2. Enhanced ability of Neurosurgeon to excise the complete tumor. Less risk of post operative complications. Functional image guidance with MRI allows for accurate, non-invasive preoperative assessment and planning for brain tumor surgery.
3. MRI guided Brain Tumor Surgery allows a more complete tumor removal with much less risk to surrounding brain tissue.
4. “Inoperable” tumors (inoperable by conventional surgical techniques) can be resected with MRI Guided Brain Tumor Surgery. Frequently, these are deep seated-relatively benign tumors in children and young adults or elderly patients. Many of these tumors can be cured with this most advanced technology.
“Much before we arrived in India, we were amazed by prompt and efficient answers given by SafeMedTrip in response to all our questions. We arrived early on Thursday and I was admitted for tests. By Saturday afternoon I was through with the surgery. And the following Friday I was out of the hospital feeling fine and happy, relieved from all the stress.
Cant believe it took just about a week from arrival till recovery. Thank you all and also my surgeon, nurses who cared for me so compassionately even when I was alone in ICU for 2 days and the security guards, everyone. There is not enough space on this page for me to adequately say how much we appreciate all that you have done for us
"Good day, I was attendant to your patient Mr. Ibrahim Aliyu. I just want to give a little feedback on the care we received in your hospital. I must say we have been overwhelmed by the level of attention to details from your hospital
The moment we stepped out of the airport terminal, the hospital pickup car and protocol officer was waiting for us. We were checked in almost immediately when we got to the hospital seeing as we were weary from the long-haul travel to get to India. You guys had everything planned! Organising for us to get a local sim card so we could communicate with home immediately, having very adequately accommodated me the attendant as well…boarding, feeding et al!"
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion– Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.