LASER T.U.R.P Prostate Treatment – Advantages, Benefits & Treatment from Best Hospitals & Top Surgeons in India
LASER T.U.R.P Prostate Treatment
Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
A transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is a surgical procedure that involves cutting of portions of the prostate gland.
TURP is the most commonly used surgical procedure to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- In this method the surgeon inserts an instrument called a resectoscope through the tip of the penis into the urethra which means no cuts (incisions) need to be made in the skin. Resectoscope, is thin metal tube containing a light, camera and loop of wire. The loop of wire is then heated with an electric current and is used to cut away the section of the prostate that is causing the symptoms.
A catheter is then inserted into your urethra to pump fluid into the bladder and flush away pieces of tissue (prostate) that have been removed. Patients normally stay in the hospital only two to three days.Request a Call Back
Types of Highly Advanced Minimally Invasive Laser Prostate Surgery at World Class Hospitals in India
Green Light Laser PVP (Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate) is a procedure used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Green Light Laser PVP is a recent addition to the minimally invasive techniques in the treatment of BPH
The procedure uses the technology of high-powered laser light combined with fiber optics. The surgeon directs the laser at the prostate, within moments the temperature of the blood becomes so fine it causes the nearby cells to vaporize.
There is growing interest in this procedure by patients and as well as by the surgeons because of its simplicity and effectiveness. A temporary catheter is often inserted to allow urine to drain from the bladder. The procedure takes near about one hour.
Advantages of Green Light Laser PVP:
- No Cut, No Bleeding so Less Pain.
- There is no need of blood transfusion.
- Early return to normal activity and work.
- Patient is able to urinate better with a good stream.
Holmium Laser Enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) is a modern alternative to the standard Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) procedure for enlarged prostate BHP (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
This is done under a general anaesthetic with the help of a telescopic camera inserted through the penis. A special instrument is also used which known as morcellator. Mocellator cuts the prostate tissue into fragments.
It requires a short period of hospitalisation. A catheter (a tube which drains the bladder) is also needed for 1-2 days until the urine clears. It provides a good outcome as the entire portion of the prostate gland is removed.
Advantages of Laser Prostate Surgery
- Lower risk of bleeding: No cuts (incisions) need to be made in the skin so there is a low risk of bleeding with laser surgery.
- Shorter or no hospital stay: Laser surgery can be done on an outpatient basis or Other prostate treatments, such as open prostatectomy or transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), may require a longer hospital stay.
- Quicker recovery: Recovery from laser surgery generally takes less time when compared with TURP.
- Less need for a catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter is generally needed for less than 24 hours.
- Quicker results: Improvements in urinary symptoms from laser surgery are noticeable right away.Post a Query
How Laser TURP is Superior to Conventional TURP?
What People say about us- Patient Experience“I had been suffering from pain and difficulty in urination for quite some time. Attributing it to old age, I continued with my daily activities until it became almost unbearable for me. That’s when I visited a doctor and was shocked with the diagnosis I received- Prostate cancer. Having had disease free life till now, I was at loss as to how to deal with this illness. My sons were very supportive and they gave me the strength to handle this situation. They surfed the net for possible options for surgery at affordable costs as we were not very well off. We came across a top hospital in India that performed this surgery and the costing was right for us too. We were only worried with all the preparation we would need to make in a new country as regards visa, accommodation, hospital admissions, post op stay, food and so on. That’s when someone recommended us Safemedtrip. We immediately mailed our case reports to them and their reply was prompt and positive. They took care of all our requirements at every step and made the whole surgery and stay comfortable. I was counselled to go for robotic surgery for removal prostate cancer as it had minimal postop complications and speedy recovery. They ensured we got good accommodation, food, sim cards too. The surgery was uneventful and we are back home now and I am feeling almost normal. Thanks to Safemedtrip.”
Mr. J Nwoke, Nigeria, Prostate Cancer Treatment