Dr. Sandeep Vaishya
Senior Consultant & Head Neurosurgery
Dr. Sandeep Vaishya brings to Fortis Hospital a vast clinical and academic experience of over 10 yrs experience in Neurosurgery practising at some of the best Institutes in India. He is amongst reputed neuro spine surgeons in India and is now at the forefront of doing cutting edge clinical work in the areas of most modern treatment modalities such endoscopic brain & spinal surgery, and microscopic & vascular surgery.
Professional Experience :
He worked as a Senior Faculty member and as an Additional Professor at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He has been invited by the Mayo Clinic, USA and National Neurosciences Institute, Singapore as a visiting Professor. He has wide experience in all types of Brain and Spinal surgeries. He started the Deep Brain Stimulation programme for Movement Disorders at AIIMS and has also treated over a thousand patients using Gamma Knife Radiosurgery. He has delivered lectures at various national and international forums and has published more than 45 articles in medical journals and textbooks.
- He was invited by the Mayo Clinic, USA and National Neurosciences Institute, Singapore as a visiting Professor.
- Neurosurgery Fellowships
- Sundt Fellowship, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Trained at Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
- Research and Publications ‐ More than 45 publications in indexed journals
- Spine Instrumentation,
- Disc Replacement Surgery,
- Image Guided Surgery,
- Brachial Plexus Surgery
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery
- Brain Tumour Surgery