Cervical Disk Replacement – Benefits, Procedure & Treatment from Best Hospitals in India
You deserve to get back to pain free, good quality life soonIf you have been advised spine neurosurgery your first choice should be the latest minimally invasive technique developed by our world class hospitals in India. Most advanced Technology like Intra Operative MRI, Brain Suite and Computer Assisted Navigation System are deployed by highly trained surgeons for accurate and safe Spine Surgeries through a small incision.
Why you should choose World Class Spine Neurosurgery Hospitals in India ?
Dedicated team of International trained and vastly experienced Neurosurgeons, Neurologist, Physicians and Physiotherapist.
Latest Generation Diagnostic and Imaging facilities including dynamic digital X rays, Spiral CT scanning , MRI and Electro – physiology unit all under one roof.
Use of most advanced Surgical techniques for treatment of Brain Tumor ailments with focus on Minimal Access Micro Endo – scopic Brain Tumor Neurosurgery.
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation by experts after the surgery help you regain functional abilities quickly helping in vastly improved overall results.
Cervical Disc Replacement
Cervical disc is a piece of specialized tissue that separates the vertebral bones of the spinal column in the neck. Cervical disc disease is caused by an abnormality in one or more discs. When a disc is damaged due to arthritis or an unknown cause it can lead to neck pain from inflammation or muscle spasm.Severe pain and numbness can occur in the arms from pressure on the cervical nerve roots. The disc space is jacked up to its prior normal disc height to help decompress (relieve pressure) on the nerves. In severe cases, when the patient is not benefited from non-surgical treatments like medication or physiotherapy then they are advised Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery.
The Center of the disc, which is called the nucleus, is soft, springy and receives the shock of standing, walking, running, etc. The outer ring of the disc, which is called the annulus (Latin for ring), provides structure and strength to the disc. Patients with cervical disc herniations are advised cervical disc replacement, if they have not responded to non-surgical treatments like medication or physiotherapy.In the surgery, an artificial disc replaces the worn out or affected one and the disc space is jacked up to the normal height.Request a Call Back
Benefits of Cervical Disc Replacement
- Artificial disc surgery has lesser chances of requiring a revision surgery, compared to spinal fusion surgery. Normal neck motion can be maintained.
- Unlike the spinal fusion surgery the adjacent spinal discs in case of cervical disc replacement don’t have to bear the extra stress .
- Eliminates the need for a painful bone graft.
- Recovery time is quicker compared to the fusion surgery.
- Lesser number of patients need a hard collar following the cervical Disc Replacement surgery.
The standard method used in a Cervical disc replacement surgery is an anterior (from the front) approach to the cervical spine. This surgical approach is the same as that presently used for a discectomy and fusion operation. The affected disc is completely removed including any impinging disc fragments or osteophytes (bone spurs). This is important because when a disc becomes worn out, it will typically shrink in its height, which can also contribute to the pinching on the nerves in the neck. At this point, using x-rays or fluoroscopy, the artificial disc device is implanted into the prepared disc space. Post a Query
Advantages of Cervical Disc Replacement vs. a Cervical Disc Fusion
- Unlike a fusion procedure, the artificial disc surgery does not have the potential complications associated with taking a bone graft from the hip nor the theoretical risk of infection transmission from using a cadaveric bone graft. Clearly the issue of bone graft healing is eliminated.
- The disc replacement also should reduce the chances for adjacent segment disease (versus a fusion), since the artificial disc should allow for more normal neck motion and absorb some of the daily stresses of the neck. The length and type of activity restrictions following surgery are also much less with disc replacement.Request a Call Back
What People Say About Us“My brother was suffering severe back pain. I showed it to local doctors in my home country and they were of the opinion that my brother needed a spinal disc surgery. But there were no good hospitals or facility for such surgery in my home country. Then I started to search for hospital outside my country for the treatment. The hospitals in South Africa quoted a huge amount for the treatment which was beyond my reach. Then one of my friends told me about India. He told that there are good hospitals and doctors in India and the cost is low. I searched on the internet and I found SafeMedTrip website. I filled up the form on the website. I got a call from the case manager and she told me to send the medical reports of my brother. I sent the reports by mail and the case manager got back to me with the opinion doctor and the treatment package. …Clear Here for More”
Mr. Chief Albert From Kenya – Minimally Invasive Spine SurgeryRefer a Patient