Types of Implants:
1. Implants filled with Saline Solution
Breast augmentation: saline-solution filled breast implant devices, a spherical model (left) and a hemispheric model (right).
2. Implants filled with Silicone Gel
Silicone-gel breast implant devices, a spherical model (left), a shaped model (center), and a hemispheric model (right).
3. Alternative Composition Implants filled with Soy Oil or Polypropylene String
– Saline solution implants can be first inserted and then filled. This helps in making a small incision during insertion. It gives a good feel, texture, shape and a better realistic look as compared to silicone gel implants. If these implants leak the fluid is absorbed by the body and excreted normally causing no damage to the body
– Silicone gel implants are technically superior as there is no wrinkling of the overlying skin envelope. Also there is no rippling or fluid movement visible. They are immediately noticeable. These are generally advised after mastectomy or for women who have very less breast tissue.Refer a Patient