Dr Pradeep Chowbey
Laparoscopic Surgery, Bariatric surgery
35 years of experience.Send Enquiry
- Dr Pradeep Chowbey is one of the most renowned & experienced Laparoscopic Surgeons in India.
- With a thriving experience of over 35 + years, he is counted amongst the best few Bariatric Surgeons in World.
- Dr Chowbey has completed his MBBS & MS (General Surgery) from the renowned Government Medical College, Jabalpur, and MP.
- Adding to his credits ,he has received training from some of the eminent institutes world-wide like :
- Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bombay – Gastroenterological Surgery
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer hospital, New York, USA – Hepatobiliary Malignancy and Breast Diseases.
- Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital London, U.K. – Hepatobiliary Malignancy and Breast Diseases.
- Singapore General Hospital, Singapore – “Laparoscopic Surgery” with Prof. Mohan Chellappa.
- University Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – “Laparoscopic Surgery”.
- Siloah Hospital, Hannover, Germany – “Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery” with Prof. Ludwig.
- John Hopkins Institute, Baltimore, USA – “Advanced Minimal Invasive Surgery”
- Cleveland Clinic, Ohio – “Gastric Bypass” with Dr Philip Schauer
- Monarch University, Geelong, Australia – “Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries” with Dr Paul Obrien
- Mount Sinai Medical Centre, Miami Beach, Florida – “Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries” with Dr Michel Gagner.
- Dr Pradeep Chowbey has had the privilege to be the surgeons of some of the renowned personalities like his Holiness the Dalai Lama, Dr KR Narayanan (President of India), Mr Devisingh Sekhawat, Mr Rakesh Mehta IAS, Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta.
He has been the :
First Honorary Consultant in Laparoscopic surgery to Armed Forces Medical Services of India(AFMC)
The first person to perform Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Sri Lanka.
The first person to perform simultaneous Laparoscopic splenectomy on a patient scheduled for renal transplant with ITP.
Dr Chowbey was one of the few surgeons to recognize and acknowledge the increasing prevalence of obesity in India.
He has performed more than 70,000 surgeries till date.
Dr Chowbey has conducted and actively participated in more than 500 national and international workshops and prestigious conferences including World congresses, Asia Pacific Conferences and SAARC countries conferences.
He had been invited by various prestigious organizations & foundations in the country & abroad to deliver many orations, key- note addresses and guest lectures.
He has represented India as Governor to the Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (ELSA).
Dr Chowbey has been awarded Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa Doctorate) by His Excellency Governor of MP and the Vice-chancellor of the University of Jabalpur.
He is an Advisor to various Government bodies and universities to provide expertise and facilities of minimal access surgery including procurement of medical equipment for the medical institutions & hospitals.
Dr Chowbey features in the Guinness Book of Records 1997 and Limca Book of Records in consecutive editions 2000 – 2010 for performing most minimal access surgeries.
Upper GI Endoscopic Surgery,
Laparoscopic Appedicectomy and Bowel resection,
Anorectal surgery (Division Minimally Invasive Proctology),
Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery,
Endoscopic Neck Surgery,
Hand-assisted Endoscopic Surgery,
Thoracoscopic Surgery (Decortications, Lung-nodule excision, Thymectomy),
Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery (Surgery for Morbid Obesity Surgery),
Dr Chowbey has been honored with the Padmashri Award by President of India.