Dr. Randeep Wadhawan
Obesity and Bariatric Surgeon
HOD , MBBS, MS, Fellowship,
21 years of experience Send Enquiry
- Dr Randeep Wadhawan is one of the most renowned & coveted surgeons in the field of Bariatric Surgery in India.
- With a thriving experience of over 21+ years, he has performed more than 30,000 laparoscopic surgeries till date.
- Dr Wadhawan has completed his MBBS & MS (General Surgery) from PGIMS, Rohtak. Following which he has done his fellowship from Chicago, USA.
- He has done a certified course & workshop in Bariatric surgery at the high volume International Centre of Excellence, Krankenhaus Sachenhausen, Frankfurt, Germany.
- He is doing tailored Laparoscopic Metabolic procedures for remission of Diabetes Type II, at Fortis Hospital, which is one of the very few centres in India doing this procedures.
- Dr Wadhawan has an experience of more than 1000 MIPH (Minimally invasive procedure for haemorrhoids),
- He is one of the few surgeons in India who are has performed STARR procedure (Stapled Trans anal resection of the rectum) for patients of Rectal prolapse.
- He has had the privilege to be a member of the team performing a Lap assisted PCNL for an ectopic Kidney- one of only 10, cases reported in the world in 2005.
- Dr Wadhawan has been invited as faculty for guest lectures and has presented more than 100 papers on Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal, advanced Laparoscopic procedures and Bariatric surgeries in National , International conferences & CME’S regularly.
- He has delivered Health talks at various renowned forums including Print and electronic media and various T.V. Channels.
- Dr Randeep Wadhawan is the National faculty with the prestigious Johnson and Johnson Ethicon Endo-surgery Institute for Bariatric Surgery, Endohernia, MIPH, Laparoscopic solid organsprogram to train and teach surgeons from all over the country.
- He is an active member of some of the renowned organisations like IAGES – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons, AMASI – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, ASI – Association of Surgeons of India, OSSI– Obesity Surgery Society of India, and IFSO– International Federation for the surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, APHS – Asia-Pacific Hernia Society.
- Dr Randeep Wadhawan has his expertise in Advanced Laparoscopic & complex Gastrointestinal Surgeries, Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries, Laparoscopic Urology & Laparoscopy in Pediatric patients.
Specialization Laparoscopic bariatric
& metabolic procedure
Laparoscopic gastrointestinal procedure
Minimally invasive ano -rectal surgeries
& Laparoscopy in Pediatric patients
List Of Treatments
Work Experience of Dr Randeep Wadhawan
HOD, Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
Consultant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
Consultant, Fortis Le Femme
Senior Resident, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
MBBS, PGIMS ,Rohtak MS, PGIMS ,Rohtak Fellowship, Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons Fellowship, Fellowship of Minimal Access Surgeons of India Fellowship, Fellowship of International College of Surgeons, Chicago, U.S.A
Dr Wadhawan video presentations in advanced Laparoscopic procedures and Bariatric surgery have been awarded the best paper award at National conferences.