Dr Visvanathan Krishnaswamy
Senior Consultant, Fellowship, DNB, DNB, MBBS, 22 years of experience in IndiaSend Enquiry
A highly proficient Neurosurgeon, Dr Visvanathan Krishnaswamy has 22 years of experience in the medical field.
Dr Visvanathan Krishnaswamy’s areas of interest are General Neurosurgery, Spinal Surgery including Artificial Cervical Disc Surgery, Neuro-Oncology, and a special interest in Functional Neurosurgery including Epilepsy Surgery.
In Neuro-Oncology, he has experience in operating with ALA and using Gliadel wafers, Awake craniotomies, Epilepsy surgery including both Resections, Intracranial monitoring, and insertion of Vagal Nerve Stimulators.
He was also associated with Deep Brain Stimulation for a wide variety of disorders including Adult and Paediatric Movement Disorders, Surgery for Intractable pain and spasticity, and Epilepsy and Pain.
He has rich experience in Neurosurgery having worked at hospitals in the UK as well as reputed hospitals in India.
He earned his Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2009 (FRCS). He also did a Fellowship in Neurosurgery and Functional Neurosurgery for 3 years at KIng’s Hospital, London, Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool and other renowned hospitals in the UK.
Work Experience of Dr Visvanathan Krishnaswamy
- Senior Consultant, Prashanth Multi Speciality Hospital, Chennai
- Senior Consultant, Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre, Chennai
- Consultant, MIOT International, Chennai, 2016
- Registrar, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough; UK, 2010
- Senior Resident, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Bengaluru; India, 2008
- Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai, 2004
- Achanta Lakshmipathi Neurosciences Centre, Chennai, 2000
- Fellowship, 2009, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh; UK
- DNB, 2008, National Board of Examinations, India
- DNB, 2004, National Board of Examinations, India (General Surgery)
- MBBS, 1997, Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai