Dr. Shivakumar S Kupanur
Senior Consultant , MBBS, DNB, Fellowship, 23 years of experience in IndiaSend Enquiry
Dr. Shivakumar S Kupanur is one of the most well-known Neurosurgeons with over 23+ years of experience.
He is a life member of the Neurological Society of Indian (NSI), Bangalore Neurological Society (BNS), and an associate member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeon (AANS), and AO Spine.
Dr. Kupanur has performed more than 3000 complex neurosurgeries and spinal surgeries and has special skills in managing patients with stereotactic, functional neurosurgery, awake craniotomy surgeries for eloquent lesion, etc.
He graduated from Mysore University in 1996, after which he further pursued DNB in Neurosurgery from Manipal Institute for Neurological Disorder (MIND), Bangalore in 2006.
He has also undergone special training for vascular surgery and complex spine surgery and has s Fellowship from Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore on the same, which he did in 2012.
He also has a strong academic and research interest in the field of neurosurgery and has presented and published many papers in different conferences, CMEs, and journals
- Radiosurgery (Cyberknife, Gamma Knife)
- Spine Surgery
- Surgery for Epilepsy
- DBS Surgery for Parkinson’s Disease
- Brachial Plexus and Nerve surgery
- Cerebrovascular Surgery (Aneurysms, AVMs)
- Skull Base Surgery
- Sleep Disorders
- Restless Leg Syndrome Treatment
- Narcolepsy Treatment
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency Treatment
- Liberation Treatment
- Sensory Ataxia Treatment
- Craniotomy Surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation
Work Experience of Dr. Shivakumar S Kupanur
- Consultant, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore
- Consultant, Manipal Hospital (Old Airport Road) Bangalore
- HOD, Sapthagiri Super Speciality Hospital
- MBBS, 1996, Mysore University
- DNB, 2006, Manipal Institute for Neurological Disorder (MIND), Bangalore
- Fellowship, 2012, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore