Dr Rakesh Rai
15 years of experience
MBBS, MS, FRCS, MD, FRCS
Dr. Rakesh Rai is a Senior Consultant Surgeon who heads the Transplant program at Fortis Hospital, Mumbai. Dr. Rai has trained extensively in hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery and solid organ transplantation (liver, kidney and pancreas).
He has spent almost 15 years in UK and USA working in some of the most renowned transplant centers in the world. He trained in HPB surgery and abdominal organ transplantation in UK in centers like Royal Free Hospital, London, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle and Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. He then moved to US and finished his American Society of Transplant Surgeon (ASTS) accredited fellowship at Methodist Transplant Institute at Memphis.
Dr. Rai had further experience in living donor liver transplantation at Asan Medical center, Samsung Medical center in Seoul, Korea. Before joining Fortis Hospital Mumbai Dr. Rai worked as Senior consultant in Apollo hospital, Bangalore and in King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Dammam in Saudi Arab. He has authored several scientific articles published in International medical Journals as well as book. He is regularly invited to speak in scientific meetings in India as well as abroad.
- MBBS, University of Patna, 1990
- MS (General Surgery), University of Mumbai, Mumbai, 1994
- FRCS (General Surgery), Royal College of Edinburgh, 1997
- FRCS Intercollegiate, Intercollegiate Specialty Board, UK, 2007
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training, CCST, UK, 2008
- American Society of Transplant Surgeon Fellowship, 2007-2009
- Senior Consultant, Fortis Hospital ,Mumbai
- Senior Consultant, Apollo hospital ,Bangalore
- Consultant, King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Dammam in Saudi Arab