Dr Vikash Kohli
Dr Vikash Kohli – Peadiatric Cardiology
Dr. Vikas Kohli is among the most renowned Pediatric Cardiologist in India. His major expertise is Interventional Pediatric Cardiology and Neonatal Cardiology, Fetal Cardiology and to improve Neonatal Cardiac survivals in developing countries. Dr. Vikas uses his unique techniques in performing interventional procedures. He has a record of performing for the first time in India a balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty on a 1.7 Kg child; and balloon valvuloplasty on a child less than one day old.
Dr Vikas Kohli performed the First transcatheter Flow restrictor Implant in India on 2 patients in August & October 2003, Balloon Angioplasty on a 1.7 Kg child. He pioneered the first Device Closure Program and performed Challenging ASD Device Closures using “2 dilator technique
Dr.Vikas Kohli graduated with 5 gold medals from the University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1986. He has been awarded for his best research in Pediatrics by the National Indian Academy of Pediatrics Conference in 1991 and by the University of Miami in 1996. He has also been awarded the American Heart Association/Genentech Award 1996.
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Diplomate American Board of Pediatrics & Pediatric Cardiology
- University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine
- FACC, Fellowship Pediatric Cardiology 1995 – 1998
- Dr. Vikas Kohli Delhi established the Delhi Child Heart Center at BLK Hospital which is an exclusive outpatient Pediatric Cardiology Center. Fetal echo , Neonatal Echo, Pediatric Echo; counselling and discussing with parents the outcome, prognosis, lifestyle and quality of life of the patient in relation to their cardiac condition.
- Fetal Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Device Closure Program
- Neonatal Interventions
- Preterm Interventions
- Honors & Awards
Awards & Recognition
- “Best Research by Fellow-1997” Award by Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami .
- “Best Young Researcher National Award” by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics-1991 for “Value of C-reactive protein concentration in diagnosis and management of bacterial infections in febrile children without apparent focus”.
- “American Heart Association/Genetech Award”, October, 1996.
- “American College of Cardiology-Bristol Affiliate-in-training Travel Award” for ACC 1997.