Dr. Ramji Mehrotra
16 years of experience
MBBS, MS, MCh
Dr. Ramji Mehrotra is the Director. Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India. For the past 17 years, he has focused his CABGs. On the care of patient with end stage heart failure, CAD and valvular disease. He has already operated more than 15000 Cardiovascular Cases and 1000 pediatric surgeries. He has expertise in performing extensively assisted and performed CABGs, total arterial CABGs, redo arterial CABGs, beating heart CABGs, valve replacements and repairs, and simple congenital cases like ASD, VSD, BD Glenn and TOF repairs etc.
He was posed to the units of pediatric cardiac surgery coronary program and valve surgery programs and have extensive ICU management experience.
He has exposure to all aspects of cardiac surgery including cardiac transplantation and insertion of ventricular assists devices.
As a fellow in cardiac surgery at the children’s Hospital Boston, A Harvard Medical School teaching affiliate. He learned the principles of one stage correction of complex congenital diseases and early operation the fine surgical techniques and overall intra-operative management and importance of the intensive postoperative management including the role of mechanical heart support (ECMO) during resuscitation. He has special expertise in Arterial switches, double switches, Senning, Mustard, Norwood BDG, Fontan, PDA, Coarctation of aorta ASD, VSD, AV canals Rastelli, RV-PA conduits, Pulmonary atresia, TOF, Pediatric heart transplants, minimally invasive incision surgeries, pacemakers and redo complex congenital heart surgeries etc.
- Cardiac Surgery, Beating Heart CABG, Total Arterial CABG, Minimal Access Mitral and Aortic Valve Surgery and Valve repair surgeries.
- Currently working as a Director, CTVS, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. New Delhi since March 2016.
- Junior Resident, IMS, BHU VARANASI.
- Senior resident, All India Institute of Medical sciences.
- Consultant at Batra Hospital, New Delhi.
- Fellow in Cardiac Surgery for two years at Children’s Hospital -Boston.
- Harvard Medical School & Brigham and Women’s Hospital- Boston Harvard Medical School, Boston-USA.
- On returning from USA he joined Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai at Asian Heart Institute.
- Later moved to Apollo Hospital, Delhi where he worked as a Senior Consultant for 12 years.
- MBBS – Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU
- MS – Cardiac Surgery – Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU
- MCh – CTVS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Fellowship – Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- Fellowship – Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA