Dr Jamshed Dalal
37+ years of experience,
MBBS, MD, DM
Dr. Jamshed J Dalal is a rare triple Doctorate, having a Doctorate in Medicine, a Doctorate in Cardiology from Mumbai and a PhD from UK. He did his first coronary angiography in UK in 1978 and since then has done more than 20000 cases over 35 years. He also began the angiography program, available in only four hospitals in Mumbai in 1984 along with a handful of cardiologists.
Involved in the coronary angioplasty program since the invention of angioplasty procedure and is involved in teaching the procedure to doctors in India and China over the last 20 years.
As the Chief Cardiologist at the Holy Family Hospital in Bandra, set up the ICCU at the hospital.
In 1987 as the Honarary Cardiologist at the newly constructed Hinduja Hospital, Dr. Dalal set up the Cardiac Catheterization Lab at the hospital and started the coronary angiography and angioplasty procedures. He headed the department for eight years to establish it as a leading centre in India.
In 1995, he joined the still under construction Lilavati Hospital and helped along with others to set up the hospital along with the department of cardiology. Since inception to leaving the hospital in 2009, he remained the coordinator of the Cardiovascular Division and guided the Specialty to international levels.
In 1999, he helped along with two other colleagues to setup and establish the Wockhardt Heart Hospital now Fortis Hospital at Mulund, Mumbai once again creating a world class cardiology facility in the eastern suburbs. He then joined Kokilaben Hospitalwhen it started and helped establish the Centre for Cardiac Sciences.
- Cardiac Sciences, Director- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai. , currently working
- Cardiology, Co-Founder- Wockhardt Heart Hospital , 1999
- Cardiology, Consultant- Lilavati Hospital , 1995
- Cardiology, Honorary Consultant- Hinduja Hospital , 1987
- Cardiology, Chief Consultant- Holy Family Hospital, Bandra
Medical School & Fellowships:
- MBBS – 1971
- MD – General Medicine – Bombay University, 1976
- DM – Cardiology – Bombay University, 1977
- PhD – Cardiology – University of Wales, United Kingdom, 1981
- Fellowship – Royal College of Physicians, London, 2016
- Fellowship – European Society of Cardiology