Highly Advanced Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia(BPH) Treatment at Affordable Cost at World Class Hospitals in India
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is assured.
Enlarged Prostate or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia is non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland. It is often used interchangeably though incorrectly with another term – Benign Prostate Hypertrophy.
Prostate, a walnut shaped gland is a part of male reproductive system and is situated in front of the rectum and below the bladder. It surrounds the urethra.
This condition commonly affects the elderly male population above the age of 60 years and involves an increase in the number of cells of the prostate gland leading to its enlargement. The enlarged prostate gland compresses the urethra leading to interruption of normal urine flow leading to urinary retention.
Treatment Options for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia BPH Treatment
1) Minimally Invasive Techniques :
In this procedure, a radiopaque dye is injected into the vein of the leg after which an X-ray of the venous network is carried out (venography). Then a medicine that shrinks the blood vessels is injected into the vein (sclerotherapy) resulting in reduction of prostate volume. This provides relief in cases of nocturia, improves bladder emptying and increases urine outflow. There are minimum sideeffects as compared to traditional surgery.
- It is a very effective treatment in case of BPH and provides relief from lower urinary tract symptoms after a single procedure.
- It is a minimally invasive technique performed under local anesthesia.
- A special microwave urinary catheter is inserted through the urethra into the enlarged prostate. The microwave antennae are then heated up to at least 111 degree Fahrenheit which destroys the surrounding tissues.
- In this procedure low energy frequency radio energy is delivered through two needles placed inside the prostate by passing through the urethra, creating a high temperature in a small zone, which destroys the excessive prostatic tissue without damaging the urethra.
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. It is a single session treatment procedure with the number of needles varying with size of the prostate.
- It is fairly safe and effective and has minimal side-effects.
2) Surgical Procedures:
- It is the most popular method among patients and doctors for resolving prostate related problems and is considered after medical intervention fails.
- It involves removing whole or a portion of the prostate gland through the urethra.
- The patient can go home after 3-5 days. Patient is advised to drink lots of fluids and avoid any strenuous activity for a few days (maximum 6 weeks) till the scar heals.
- He is cured of the symptoms occurring due to urinary pathway obstruction like urinary incontinence, dribbling, nocturia etc.
- It is the traditional open surgery method used when TURP cannot be performed due to reasons like highly enlarged prostate or bladder injury etc.
- It is mainly indicated in prostate cancer but can also be done in cases of BPH.
- In case prostate cancer is suspected, then surrounding lymph nodes are also removed and sent for biopsy.
- The patient stays in the hospital for a week and is discharged with the urine catheter in place that has to be kept for 1-3 weeks’ time.
Advanced Minimally Invasive Laser Prostate Surgery at World Class Hospitals in India
Green Light Laser PVP (Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate) is a procedure used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Green Light Laser PVP is a recent addition to the minimally invasive techniques in the treatment of BPH
The procedure uses the technology of high-powered laser light combined with fiber optics. The surgeon directs the laser at the prostate, within moments the temperature of the blood becomes so fine it causes the nearby cells to vaporize.
There is growing interest in this procedure by patients and as well as by the surgeons because of its simplicity and effectiveness. A temporary catheter is often inserted to allow urine to drain from the bladder. The procedure takes near about one hour.…Read More
- Holmium Laser Enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) is a modern alternative to the standard Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) procedure for enlarged prostate BHP (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
- This is done under a general anaesthetic with the help of a telescopic camera inserted through the penis. A special instrument is also used which known as morcellator. Mocellator cuts the prostate tissue into fragments.
- It requires a short period of hospitalisation. A catheter (a tube which drains the bladder) is also needed for 1-2 days until the urine clears. It provides a good outcome as the entire portion of the prostate gland is removed.
We Assure Most Affordable Estimates with in 48 Hours from Top Hospitals in India.
We help you get FREE Expert Opinion from Top Doctors at Best Hospitals in All Major Cities in India.
How it Works – Get Most Affordable Treatment in India
Send medical reports by WhatsApp/Email
Receive quotation(s) within 48 Hours
Get Free Medical Visa & Airport Pick up
Medical Treatment Assisted & Fly Back Home
Frequently Asked Questions
Once we receive your reports, we will get them reviewed by our medical experts and will send you a detailed treatment package consisting of doctor’s diagnosis, treatment plan, cost of treatment, duration of stay in hospital and duration of stay in India besides other relevant details.
Once you have confirmed to us that you want to proceed further to get treatment in India, our team will help you with the Indian medical visa assistance and documentation process. We will also help you in arranging for a comfortable local stay for you and your attendant. You don’t have to send any money in advance.
Savings can be from 30-50%, depending upon the procedure and the destination. Your treatment will be carried out from only the best hospitals in India that are NABH accredited and have specialists that are recognized globally for their expertise.
From the date you decide on one of the three affordable treatment packages offered to you. It may take 1- 3 weeks to obtain Medical Visa and book flight tickets. We have zero waiting period and you can be received at the Airport on arrival and immediately admitted at hospital and treatment will start.
Its advisable that you should not delay your treatment particularly in case of severe illnesses like Cancer, Heart or Spine etc. Early start of treatment results in quick recovery and lower expense compared to delay of treatment.
The difference in cost package due to the labour and insurance costs of the hospital operating in India, and not by the difference in the quality of treatment.
Each patient is assigned to a SafeMedTrip Patient Case Manager who will take care of every single detail ranging from arrival to send off.
Yes, of course. We will provide you with complete assistance in selecting high-quality hotels near the hospital location that fits your budget.
You will be given a complete profile of the specialist before you proceed for the treatment. On special request, we will be happy to connect you with him through a teleconferencing service facilitated by Skype.
Mr. Adedeji Iheanacho From Nigeria shares his Robotic Surgery for Prostate Cancer
To discover that I suffered from enlarged Prostate which had some cancer involvement was quite a shock for me just after I turned 55 years last December. I then went to the Internet and found this website Safemedtrip.com amongst several others. I sent e-mails of my reports with my specific problem outlined to three sites.
Now just 2 weeks later, I am glad that I made a quick decision and I am feeling much better and walking unassisted and ready to return home. I attribute this to the world class technology here in India and the skill of the surgeon and staff who have worked so hard to get me back on my feet. The staff at the hospital were all smiles and very helpful. I enjoyed all my meals during my stay. I would recommend anyone who needs a Prostate Surgery to go for the Robotic option, it is a bit expensive but the pay offs are superb – less pain, quick recovery and no fear of complications.
Thank you all and God bless you!
Watch this Video
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.