PaceMaker Implantation – Functions and Surgery from India’s Best Hospitals
Benefits of Interventional Cardiology
Get Free Expert Medical Advice/ Second Opinion from Top Heart Specialists by Email, WhatsApp or Viber.
Michael Parker from USA shares his experience about how travelling to India for his mother’s heart surgery saved him from a tough financial crisis.
My mother had severe congestive heart disease and was advised open heart surgery which was extremely expensive in USA. I searched on the internet and I found SafeMedTrip. I filled up the form on the website and with in a few hours I got a call from the Case Manager and she asked me to send the medical reports of my mother.
In just two weeks everything was arranged by Safemedtrip and my mother was operated the very next day of landing in India. I am amazed with their kindness, speed and efficiency. Overall it was a great experience. My mother is doing well and I am extremely grateful to everyone SafeMedTrip, the doctors, nurses and all your team. I would strongly recommend you to anyone looking for medical treatment in India.Request a Call Back
Why you should choose India for Affordable, World Class Heart Surgery, Cardiac Care ?
What is a Pacemaker?
A healthy heart has its own pacemaker which regulates at its own pace. But some hearts don’t beat regularly. They often require a pacemaker device that can correct their problem. A pacemaker is a small apparatus to help the heart beat more regularly. Pacemakers can help adjust heartbeats that are too slow, too fast or irregular. It is a medical device which uses electrical impulses, delivered by electrodes contacting the heart muscles, to regulate the beating of the heart.Get Estimate
Functions of a Pacemaker
Primary function of a pacemaker is to control the heart beat; it is used in people who are prone to have an arrhythmic heart beat. Most modern pacemakers usually have multiple functions. A pacemaker may also be used to treat fainting spells (syncope), congestive heart failure, and rarely hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Get Estimate
Some Medical Conditions when a Pacemaker is Needed
- Bradycardia: A condition in which heart rate is less than 60 beats per minute in adults.
- Atrial Fibrillation: When one has had a medical procedure to treat arrhythmias. A pacemaker can help regulate heart beat after the procedure.
- Heart Block: The electrical signals between hearts upper and lower chambers are partially or completely blocked or slowed down (this is called heart block).
- Heart Muscles Problems : Heart muscles problems that cause electrical signals to travel through the heart muscles too slow (pacemaker will provide cardiac resynchronization therapy for this problem).
- Aging or Heart Disease Damages : Aging or heart disease damages the sinus nodes ability to set the correct pace for the heartbeat. Such damage can make heart beat rate very slow or it can cause long pauses between heart beats. The damage also can cause the heart rhythm to alternate between slow and fast.Get Estimate
Advantages of Pacemaker Implantation
An outpatient procedure performed while patient is awake.
A very safe procedure done under local anaesthesia.
An effective approach to control the bradycardia (slow heart beat).
Keep the heart beating at a rate that allows you to continue living a normal life and meet your body’s demand for oxygen whatever your activity level may be.
Allows you to enjoy a better normal quality life.Get Estimate
Types of Pacemakers
- Single-Chamber Pacemaker – has only one wire placed in a chamber of the heart.
- Dual-Chamber (Biventricular) Pacemaker – has wires placed in two chambers of the heart, one in the upper chamber, the atria, and one in the lower chamber, the ventricle. A dual-chamber pacemaker controls and coordinates the function of both the atria and ventricle, thus allowing for a more natural pacing of the heart.
- Triple Chamber Pacemakers – have one lead in the right atrium and one to stimulate both the right and left ventricle. These pacemakers are useful for the patients who have weakened heart muscles.
- Permanent (Internal) Heart Pacemaker – This pacemaker is implanted in a small pocket under your skin and is meant to be left in there for the rest of your life.
- Temporary (External) Heart Pacemaker – This is used for initial stabilization of the patient during a cardiac crisis.
Procedure of Pacemaker Implantation
This procedure is done under local anaesthesia and is usually an outpatient procedure. A small incision is made just under the collarbone. The pacemaker is inserted into the heart through a blood vessel which runs under the collarbone. Once the lead is in place it is tested to make sure it is in the right place and it’s functional. The lead is then attached to the generator, which is placed just under the skin through the incisions made earlier. Once the procedure has been completed the patient goes through a recovery period of several hours and often is allowed to go home the day of the procedure.Get Estimate
Mary Chinye from Nigeria shares her experience about her One year Old daughter’s miraculous recovery from complex valve defect
It was a matter of life for my young daughter who was diagnosed with Valve defect at just One year age. Finding safemedtrip.com has been a blessing for us. Every member of staff works as a dedicated member of a team to assist recovery.
We were somewhat nervous about coming to India as we have never visited before, but we were never left unsure or uncomfortable about anything from the time we were picked up at the airport. The hospital in India is overall the very best we have experienced. The level of care is exceptional. The doctors, nurses and medical facilities and the room facilities were equally excellent. Thanks you all and God bless you !Refer a Patient
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.
SafeMedTrip Consultants Pvt. ltd. | 301, Ansal Tower 38, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019, India