PaceMaker Implantation – Functions and Surgery from India’s Best Hospitals
Advantage of Pacemaker ImplantationHeart rhythm disorders could lead to problems ranging from simple palpitations to sudden death, but now with modern Electrophysiology has made available treatments to enhance the quality of life of such heart patients.
Centre of Excellence for Cardiac Surgery in India
- Our dedicated Electrophysiology team has enormous experience in electrophysiology studies, radiofrequency ablations, pacemaker and device implantations and resynchronization therapy.
- Three dimensional cardiac mapping using Carto technique and myocardial scar identification by NOGA enable our electrophysiologists to perform the most complicated RF ablations with ease.
- Highly qualified team multi-disciplinary team of US & UK board certified Heart Specialists, Vascular surgeons, Electrophysiologists.
- Availability of Latest Generation Technology and Infrastructure, latest quality pacemakers at very affordable costs including diagnostic facilities s for Heart Rhythm Disorders like: ECG, EHAS, Electrophysiology study, Holter, Tilt Test etc.Request a Call Back
What is a Pacemaker?A healthy heart has its own pacemaker which regulates at its own pace. But some hearts don’t beat regularly. They often require a pacemaker device that can correct their problem. A pacemaker is a small apparatus to help the heart beat more regularly. Pacemakers can help adjust heartbeats that are too slow, too fast or irregular. It is a medical device which uses electrical impulses, delivered by electrodes contacting the heart muscles, to regulate the beating of the heart.
Functions of a PacemakerPrimary function of a pacemaker is to control the heart beat; it is used in people who are prone to have an arrhythmic heart beat. Most modern pacemakers usually have multiple functions. A pacemaker may also be used to treat fainting spells (syncope), congestive heart failure, and rarely hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Some Medical Conditions when a Pacemaker is Needed
- Bradycardia: A condition in which heart rate is less than 60 beats per minute in adults.
- Atrial Fibrillation: When one has had a medical procedure to treat arrhythmias. A pacemaker can help regulate heart beat after the procedure.
- Heart Block: The electrical signals between hearts upper and lower chambers are partially or completely blocked or slowed down (this is called heart block).
- Heart Muscles Problems : Heart muscles problems that cause electrical signals to travel through the heart muscles too slow (pacemaker will provide cardiac resynchronization therapy for this problem).
- Aging or Heart Disease Damages : Aging or heart disease damages the sinus nodes ability to set the correct pace for the heartbeat. Such damage can make heart beat rate very slow or it can cause long pauses between heart beats. The damage also can cause the heart rhythm to alternate between slow and fast.Post a Query
Advantages of Pacemaker Implantation
An outpatient procedure performed while patient is awake.
A very safe procedure done under local anaesthesia.
An effective approach to control the bradycardia (slow heart beat).
Keep the heart beating at a rate that allows you to continue living a normal life and meet your body’s demand for oxygen whatever your activity level may be.
Allows you to enjoy a better normal quality life.Refer a Patient
Types of Pacemakers
- Single-Chamber Pacemaker – has only one wire placed in a chamber of the heart.
- Dual-Chamber (Biventricular) Pacemaker – has wires placed in two chambers of the heart, one in the upper chamber, the atria, and one in the lower chamber, the ventricle. A dual-chamber pacemaker controls and coordinates the function of both the atria and ventricle, thus allowing for a more natural pacing of the heart.
- Triple Chamber Pacemakers – have one lead in the right atrium and one to stimulate both the right and left ventricle. These pacemakers are useful for the patients who have weakened heart muscles.
- Permanent (Internal) Heart Pacemaker – This pacemaker is implanted in a small pocket under your skin and is meant to be left in there for the rest of your life.
- Temporary (External) Heart Pacemaker – This is used for initial stabilization of the patient during a cardiac crisis.Request a Call Back
Procedure of Pacemaker ImplantationThis procedure is done under local anaesthesia and is usually an outpatient procedure. A small incision is made just under the collarbone. The pacemaker is inserted into the heart through a blood vessel which runs under the collarbone. Once the lead is in place it is tested to make sure it is in the right place and it’s functional. The lead is then attached to the generator, which is placed just under the skin through the incisions made earlier. Once the procedure has been completed the patient goes through a recovery period of several hours and often is allowed to go home the day of the procedure.
What People Say About Us“My mother was suffering severe congestive heart disease and we had no insurance or access to Medicare in USA Then I started to search for hospital outside my country for the treatment. The hospitals in America charged a huge amount for the treatment which was beyond my reach. Then one of my friends told me about India. He told that there are good hospitals and doctors in India and the cost is low. I searched on the internet and I found SafeMedTrip website. I filled up the form on the website. I got a call from the case manager and she told me to send the medical reports of my mother. We stayed in India for few more days for follow up. Overall it was a great experience. My mother is doing well and I am extremely grateful to everyone SafeMedTrip, the doctors and nurses at India hospital. You changed our life and we are so relaxed now.”
– Mr. P. Henry From USA – Pacemaker ImplantationRefer a Patient
How Can You Get a Free Expert Opinion from Top Heart Specialists in India ?
Please Click a picture of your recent medical reports and send to us by WhatsApp, Viber on +91 9899993637 OR
Your case would be reviewed by best Specialists in India and an Expert Opinion with Treatment cost Estimate shall be sent to you with in 2 working days.