Stomach Cancer Treatment at World Class Hospitals In India.
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is assured.
Ms. Jemila Abubakar From Nigeria shares her experience about Medical Treatment in India
Thanks for your always prompt responses to my volley of questions and concerns. I could not have managed even a step without your staff’s Excellent care. Couldn’t be happier with the Indian hospital’s Surgeon, physicians and their expertise. Very personable and professional. Would recommend to others.
All staff nurses and doctors are very attentive. Always available, kind and considerate. My stay during treatment in India was very comfortable. Will recommend for sure.” Thanks you all and God bless you !Request a Call Back
Why you should choose India for Affordable, World Class Stomach Cancer Treatment
Highly Advanced Laparoscopic Gastrectomy for Stomach Cancer
Stomach Cancer Treatment
Stomach cancer, also called gastric cancer, is a malignant tumor arising from the lining of the stomach. Your stomach receives and holds the food you eat and then helps to break down and digest it. Stomach cancer that begins in the mucus-producing cells on the inside lining of the stomach is called as adenocarcinoma.
- Discomfort in the upper or middle part of the abdomen..
- Blood in the stool (which appears as black, tarry stools)..
- Vomiting which may have blood in it..
- Weight loss..
- Pain or bloating in the stomach after eating.Get Estimate
Types of Stomach Cancer
Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of stomach cancer. More than 95 out of every 100 stomach cancers (95%) diagnosed are adenocarcinomas. The cancer starts in the gland cells in the stomach lining. The gland cells produce mucus and stomach juices.
Squamous cells are the skin like cells that lie between gland cells to make the stomach lining. These cancers are treated in the same way as adenocarcinomas.
Lymphoma is another type of cancer altogether. It is very rare. There is a whole section on non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which will be more relevant to you if you have been diagnosed with lymphoma of the stomach.
GISTs can be cancerous or non cancerous (benign). These rare tumours develop from the cells of the connective tissue that support the organs of the digestive (gastrointestinal) tract. Most are found in the stomach.
Neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) can be cancerous or non cancerous. They grow in hormone producing tissues, usually in the digestive system. They are rare, but the most common is carcinoid tumour.Get Estimate
Highly Advanced Laparoscopic Gastrectomy for Stomach Cancer at World Class Hospitals in IndiaKeyhole surgery is also called minimal access surgery or laparoscopic surgery.It means having an operation without needing a major incision (wound site). The surgeon uses an instrument that is a bit like a bendy telescope (laparoscope).
The laparoscope is connected to a fibre optic camera that shows pictures of the inside of the body on a video screen. The laparoscope also has small instruments that fit down the tube. The surgeon can manipulate these and watch what they are doing on the screen. Normally, the surgeon has to use more than one entry site and you have a few small wounds, each an inch or so long. It is possible for an experienced surgeon to remove the whole of your stomach, or part of it, using laparoscopic surgery. Some trials have shown that laparoscopic surgery is less traumatic than a single large wound and recovery time may be quicker.Get Estimate
Treatment of Stomach Cancer at World Class Hospitals in IndiaSurgery : The goal of surgery is to remove all of the stomach cancer and a margin of healthy tissue, when possible. Options include:
- Removing a Portion of the Stomach (Subtotal Gastrectomy). During subtotal Gastrectomy, the surgeon removes only the portion of the stomach affected by cancer. Subtotal gastrectomy can be of two types.
- Distal subtotal gastrectomy is performed if the tumor cells are present in the lower part of the stomach near to the stomach duodenum junction.
- Proximal subtotal gastrectomy is done when the tumor is situated in the upper part of the stomach and also involves the esophagus.
- Removing the Entire Stomach (Total Gastrectomy). Total Gastrectomy involves removing the entire stomach and some surrounding tissue. The esophagus is then connected directly to the small intestine to allow food to move through your digestive system.
- Removing Lymph Nodes to Look for Cancer. The surgeon examines and removes lymph nodes in your abdomen to look for cancer cells.
Radiation Therapy : Radiation therapy may be used to kill the cancer cells. Radiation therapy can be administered using a machine outside the body (external radiation therapy) or using needles, seeds, wires, or catheters placed in the body in or near the cancer (internal radiation therapy). External radiation therapy uses a machine outside of the body to send radiation toward the cancer. Internal radiation therapy uses a radioactive substance sealed in needles, seeds, wires, or catheters that are placed directly into or near the cancer.Get Estimate
How are Stomach Cancers Diagnosed• Physical Exam and History :An exam of the body to check general signs of health, including checking for signs of disease, such as lumps or anything else that seems unusual.A history of the patient’s health habits and past illnesses and treatments will also be taken.
• Blood Chemistry Studies : A procedure in which a blood sample is checked to measure the amounts of certain substances released into the blood by organs and tissues in the body.
• Upper Endoscopy :A procedure to look inside the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum (first part of the small intestine) to check for abnormal areas.
• Barium Swallow :A series of x-rays of the esophagus and stomach. The patient drinks a liquid that contains barium (a silver-white metallic compound). The liquid coats the esophagus and stomach and x-rays are taken. This procedure is also called an upper GI series.
• Biopsy :The removal of cells or tissues so they can be viewed under a microscope to check for signs of cancer. A biopsy of the stomach is usually done during the endoscopy.
• CT Scan (CAT Scan) :A procedure that makes a series of detailed pictures of areas inside the body, taken from different angles. The pictures are made by a computer linked to an x-ray machine.Get Estimate
Ms Cheryl Campbell from USA shares her experience of travelling to India for Medical Treatment.
My husband and I have experience of hospitals both in the US and UK. Finding safemedtrip.com has been a boon. The hospital in India is overall the very best we have experienced. The level of care is exceptional.
Every member of staff works as a dedicated member of a team to assist recovery. We were somewhat nervous about coming to India as we have never visited before, but we were never left unsure or uncomfortable about anything from the time we were picked up at the airport. The medical facilities and the room facilities were equally excellent. We informed about every step which made us feel in control of our situation. The staff was extremely forthcoming and communicative. A special word of thanks, to the Physiotherapist, who worked hard and motivated me to get back on my feet again without any pain. Were any of our family to need surgery again, with time to make a choice we would come here.Refer a Patient
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.
SafeMedTrip Consultants Pvt. ltd. | 301, Ansal Tower 38, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019, India