Stomach Cancer Treatment at World Class Hospitals In India
Highly Advanced Laparoscopic Gastrectomy for Stomach CancerStomach cancer, also called gastric cancer, is a malignant tumor arising from the lining of the stomach. Your stomach receives and holds the food you eat and then helps to break down and digest it. Stomach cancer that begins in the mucus-producing cells on the inside lining of the stomach is called as adenocarcinoma.
- Discomfort in the upper or middle part of the abdomen..
- Blood in the stool (which appears as black, tarry stools)..
- Vomiting which may have blood in it..
- Weight loss..
- Pain or bloating in the stomach after eating.Refer a Patient
Types of Stomach Cancer
How are Stomach Cancers Diagnosed• Physical Exam and History :An exam of the body to check general signs of health, including checking for signs of disease, such as lumps or anything else that seems unusual.A history of the patient’s health habits and past illnesses and treatments will also be taken.
• Blood Chemistry Studies : A procedure in which a blood sample is checked to measure the amounts of certain substances released into the blood by organs and tissues in the body.
• Upper Endoscopy :A procedure to look inside the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum (first part of the small intestine) to check for abnormal areas.
• Barium Swallow :A series of x-rays of the esophagus and stomach. The patient drinks a liquid that contains barium (a silver-white metallic compound). The liquid coats the esophagus and stomach and x-rays are taken. This procedure is also called an upper GI series.
• Biopsy :The removal of cells or tissues so they can be viewed under a microscope to check for signs of cancer. A biopsy of the stomach is usually done during the endoscopy.
• CT Scan (CAT Scan) :A procedure that makes a series of detailed pictures of areas inside the body, taken from different angles. The pictures are made by a computer linked to an x-ray machine. Refer a Patient
Treatment of Stomach Cancer at World Class Hospitals in IndiaSurgery : The goal of surgery is to remove all of the stomach cancer and a margin of healthy tissue, when possible. Options include:
- Removing a Portion of the Stomach (Subtotal Gastrectomy). During subtotal Gastrectomy, the surgeon removes only the portion of the stomach affected by cancer. Subtotal gastrectomy can be of two types.
- Distal subtotal gastrectomy is performed if the tumor cells are present in the lower part of the stomach near to the stomach duodenum junction.
- Proximal subtotal gastrectomy is done when the tumor is situated in the upper part of the stomach and also involves the esophagus.
- Removing the Entire Stomach (Total Gastrectomy). Total Gastrectomy involves removing the entire stomach and some surrounding tissue. The esophagus is then connected directly to the small intestine to allow food to move through your digestive system.
- Removing Lymph Nodes to Look for Cancer. The surgeon examines and removes lymph nodes in your abdomen to look for cancer cells.
Radiation Therapy : Radiation therapy may be used to kill the cancer cells. Radiation therapy can be administered using a machine outside the body (external radiation therapy) or using needles, seeds, wires, or catheters placed in the body in or near the cancer (internal radiation therapy). External radiation therapy uses a machine outside of the body to send radiation toward the cancer. Internal radiation therapy uses a radioactive substance sealed in needles, seeds, wires, or catheters that are placed directly into or near the cancer. Post a Query
Highly Advanced Laparoscopic Gastrectomy for Stomach Cancer at World Class Hospitals in IndiaKeyhole surgery is also called minimal access surgery or laparoscopic surgery.It means having an operation without needing a major incision (wound site). The surgeon uses an instrument that is a bit like a bendy telescope (laparoscope).
The laparoscope is connected to a fibre optic camera that shows pictures of the inside of the body on a video screen. The laparoscope also has small instruments that fit down the tube. The surgeon can manipulate these and watch what they are doing on the screen. Normally, the surgeon has to use more than one entry site and you have a few small wounds, each an inch or so long. It is possible for an experienced surgeon to remove the whole of your stomach, or part of it, using laparoscopic surgery. Some trials have shown that laparoscopic surgery is less traumatic than a single large wound and recovery time may be quicker.
How Can You Get a Free Expert Opinion from Top Cancer Specialists in India ?Please Click a picture of your recent medical reports and send to us by WhatsApp, Viber on +91 9899993637 OR
Email to us at email@example.com or hospitalIndia@gmail.com
Your case would be reviewed by best Specialists in India and an Expert Opinion with Treatment cost Estimate shall be sent to you with in 2 working days.