Lymphoma Cancer Treatment – Advanced, affordable Treatment options at World Class Hospitals in India.
Diagnosis of Lymphoma CancerLymphoma is a type of cancer that begins in the immune system cells called lymphocytes. Like other cancers, lymphoma occurs when lymphocytes are in a state of uncontrolled cell growth and multiplication. Lymphocytes are white blood cells that move throughout the body in a fluid called lymph. They are transported by a network of vessels that make up the lymphatic system which is a part of the immune system. Cancer cells in lymphoma mainly gather in lymph nodes — small structures present along blood vessels. As the cancer cells grow and multiply, the lymph nodes enlarge and form lumps. Most of the time, this cancer is detected as painless lumps in the neck, armpits or groin. Several other warning signs and symptoms of lymphoma include fever, weight lossand sweating at night.Request a Call Back
Types of Lymphoma Cancer
There are Two Main Types of Lymphoma Cancer
Diagnosis of Lymphoma Cancer
- Lymphangiogram : A dye, injected into the lymphatic vessels, enables the lymph nodes and lymphatic vessels to be seen more clearly using X-rays.
- Gallium (Radioisotope) Scan : Radioactive gallium is injected into a blood vessel and it circulates throughout the body and may collect in a tumor. The body is then scanned from several different angles and this test can be very useful with Hodgkin´s lymphoma.
- Blood Tests :Can determine abnormal levels of red and white cells.
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy : Bone marrow is obtained inserting a long, thin needle into a large bone and collecting a small sample of marrow. The skin, tissue and surface of the bone are numbed with a local anesthetic first.
- Biopsy : Taking a piece of tissue from an area of suspected cancer to examine the white cells under a microscope.
- CT Scan : A 3D X-ray picture is taken from different angles around the body. The pictures are then combined using a computer. There is concern that too many CT scans can actually cause cancer.
- PET Scan : PET images provide information about how tissues function. PET scans radioactive atom containing glucose solution. A special camera can detect the radioactivity. Cancer cells absorb a lot of the radioactive sugar because of their high rate of metabolism. PET is useful to look for cancer throughout your body. PET scans can be more helpful than several different x-rays because it scans the whole body. It is also helpful to detect that the cancer is benign or malignant (cancerous). It is being combined with CT scans to better pinpoint some kinds of cancer.Post a Query
Treatment for Lymphoma Cancer at World Class Hospitals in India
Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are the most commonly used lymphoma treatments, although bone marrow transplantation, biological therapies, or surgery are sometimes used in the treatment process.
Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to kill cancer cells. Lymphoma chemotherapy usually consists of a combination of several drugs. Patients may receive chemotherapy alone or in combination with radiation therapy.
Radiation Therapy : (Also called radiotherapy) This is the use of high-energy rays to kill cancer cells. Lymphoma treatment with radiation may be given alone or with chemotherapy. Radiation therapy is local treatment; it affects cancer cells only in the treated area. Radiation therapy for lymphoma comes from a machine that aims the high-energy rays at a specific area of the body. There is no radioactivity in the body when the treatment is over.
Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) : May also be an option for treating lymphoma, especially for patients whose lymphoma has recurred (come back). BMT provides the patient with healthy stem cells (very immature cells that produce blood cells) to replace cells damaged or destroyed by treatment with very high doses of chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
Biological Therapy : (also called immunotherapy) This is a form of lymphoma treatment that uses the body’s immune system, either directly or indirectly, to fight cancer or to lessen the side effects that can be caused by some cancer treatments.
Surgery : Surgical resection may be performed to remove a tumor. Tissue around the tumor and nearby lymph nodes may also be removed during the operation.Refer a Patient
How Can You Get a Free Expert Opinion from Top Cancer Specialists in India ?
Please Click a picture of your recent medical reports and send to us by WhatsApp, Viber on +91 9899993637 OR
Your case would be reviewed by best Specialists in India and an Expert Opinion with Treatment cost Estimate shall be sent to you with in 2 working days.