Colon Cancer – Symptoms, Diagnosis and Best Quality Affordable Treatment from Best Hospitals in India
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is assured.
Takavarasha from Zimbabwe shares his experience about Colon Cancer Treatment in India
My brother suffered from Colon Cancer failure at a very young age, it was a family disaster for us and we all decided to put all our resources to give him a new lease of life. We extensively researched Colon Cancer Treatment hospitals in India and came across SafeMedTrip website. We called and with in a matter of few hours we had so much of valuable information sent to us. At every step from getting medical tests done here in Nigeria to preparing for legal documents, they helped us with very practical advice.
We arrived in India and were received at the airport. Everything that was promised to us by SafeMedTrip was in fact even better than what we could have imagined. The Colon Cancer Treatment was absolutely successful and my brother is now back to normal and once again i say thank you and God bless you.Request a Call Back
Why you should choose World Class Hospitals in India for Advanced Stomach Cancer Treatment
Colorectal cancer, commonly known as bowel cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in the world, but it is more common in developed countries. Its symptoms usually are rectal bleeding and anaemia associated with weight loss and changes in bowel habits.Colorectal Cancer initially starts in the lining of the bowel and if left untreated, can grow into the muscle layers underneath, and then through the bowel wall. Cancers that are confined within the wall of the colon are often curable with surgery. In more advanced stages Chemotherapy is helpful in extending the person life and improving quality of life.
RISK FACTORS–You are likely to have a higher risk for colon cancer if you :
- Are older than 60
- Are African American of eastern European descent
- Eat a diet high in red or processed meats
- Have cancer elsewhere in the body
- Have colorectal polyps
- Have inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis)
- Have a family history of colon cancer
- Have a personal history of breast cancerGet Estimate
- Colonoscopy: An endoscope is inserted into the rectum and advanced through the colon through this the doctor can examine the entire colon.
- Diagnosis is Confirmed with a Colon Biopsy – Stage of disease is confirmed by pathologists and imaging tests, such as computerized tomography (CT or CAT) scans.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may also be used to stage rectal cancer.
- Sigmoidoscopy : In this an endoscope is inserted in the rectum and moved through the left side of the colon. It cannot be used to view the middle and right sides of the colon.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) : along with complete blood count (CBC) to check for anemia and CT, MRI or PET scans of the abdomen and pelvic area.
Advantages of Minimal Invasive Laparoscopic Colon Cancer Surgery
- Minimally invasive, less surgical trauma, shorter hospitalization, improved cosmetic results.
- Reduced post operative pain, faster recovery and return to daily activities and normal diet.
- Less postoperative pain killer requirement. Get Estimate
Treatment Options Available for Colon Cancer at Top Cancer Hospitals in India
- The surgeon enters the abdomen by placing a canula (a narrow tube like instrument) into the abdomen (belly) through a small incision (½ — ¼ inch).
- Carbon Dioxide gas is pumped into the abdomen through the port (cannula) to puff-up or inflate the belly, making working room for the surgeon.
- A laparoscope (a tiny telescope connected to a video camera) is placed through the canula, and allows the surgeon to see a magnified lighted view of the internal organs on a TV monitor.
- 2 to 4 other canulas are inserted to allow use of special instruments to work inside the abdominal cavity (belly).
- If a portion of the colon is removed, one of the small canula incisions is slightly enlarged to permit removal of the tissue.Get Estimate
Other Modalities for Colon Cancer Treatment Available at our Hospitals in India
Colectomy – Large bowel resection is surgery to remove all or part of your large bowel. This surgery is also called colectomy. The large bowel is also called the large intestine or colon. Removal of the entire colon and the rectum is called a proctocolectomy. Removal of part or all of the colon but not the rectum is called subtotal colectomy.
Chemotherapy – Almost all patients with stage III colon cancer should receive chemotherapy after surgery for approximately 6 – 8 months. The chemotherapy drug 5-fluorouracil has been shown to increase the chance of a cure in certain patients. Chemotherapy is also used to improve symptoms and prolong survival in patients with stage IV colon cancer.
Radiofrequency Ablation for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer – Radiofrequency ablation leverages the power of microwave technology to help destroy colorectal cancer that has spread to the liver, the most common site to which the disease can spread. Radiofrequency ablation helps the surgeons and radiologists at Cancer Treatment Centers of America eliminate small liver tumors, often without the risks and discomfort associated with traditional surgery. Radiofrequency ablation is also less invasive and less painful.
Cancer is a class of diseases characterized by out-of-control cell growth, and colon cancer forms when this uncontrolled cell growth initiates with cells in the large intestine. Most colon cancers originate from small, noncancerous (benign) tumors called adenomatous polyps that form on the inner walls of the large intestine. Some of these polyps may grow into malignant colon cancers over time if they are not removed during colonoscopy. Colon cancer cells will invade and damage healthy tissue that is near the tumor causing many complications.Get Estimate
Balondemu Darkwah from Uganda shares her experience of travelling to India for Medical Treatment.
I could not have managed even a step without your staff’s excellent care. Couldn’t be happier with the surgeon, physicians and their expertise. All staff nurses and doctors are very attentive. Always available, kind and considerate.
Your Case Managers are very personable and professional. My stay was very comfortable. Will recommend for sure Refer a Patient
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.