Highly Advanced Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor Treatment available at World Class Hospitals in India
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is assured.
Why you should choose World Class Hospitals in India for Most Advanced Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor Treatment ?
Dedicated team of International trained and vastly experienced Neurosurgeons, Neurologist, Physicians and Physiotherapist.
Latest Generation Diagnostic and Imaging facilities including dynamic digital X rays, Spiral CT scanning , MRI and Electro – physiology unit all under one roof.
Use of most advanced Surgical techniques for treatment of Brain Tumor ailments with focus on Minimal Access Micro Endo – scopic Brain Tumor Neurosurgery.
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation by experts after the surgery help you regain functional abilities quickly helping in vastly improved overall results.
Brain Cancer or Brain Tumor treatment requires a team approach to deliver the most-advanced therapies with the fewest possible side effects and most importantly keeping a constant eye on your quality of life.
Treatment of brain cancer is usually complex and requires cross functional approach from a team of specialists that includes neurosurgeons (specialists in the brain and nervous system), oncologists, radiation oncologists.
The treatment protocols can be vary according to the location of the tumor, its size and type, your age and any additional medical problems that you may have. The most widely used treatments are surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. In most cases, more than one of these is used.
Survival rates in brain cancer also vary widely and the major factors that influence survival are the type of cancer, its location, whether it can be surgically removed or reduced in size, your age and other medical problems.
In general, younger patients have a better prognosis. Brain cancer that has spread (or metastasized) from somewhere else in the body is the most common type. Survival rates depend on the original cancer and other factors.
A brain tumor is a mass of cells in your brain that are not normal. There are two general groups of brain tumors:
- Primary brain tumors start in brain tissue and tend to stay there.
- Secondary brain tumors are more common. These cancers start somewhere else in the body and travel to the brain. Lung, breast, kidney, colon, and skin cancers are among the most common cancers that can spread to the brain.Request a Call Back
Types of Brain Tumors
Some brain tumors contain malignant or cancerous cells and others don’t:
- Benign brain tumors don’t have cancer cells. They grow slowly; can often be removed, and rarely spread to the brain tissue all around. They can cause problems if they press on certain areas of the brain, though. Depending on where they are located in the brain, they can be life-threatening.
- Malignant brain tumors have cancer cells. The rates of growth vary, but cells can invade nearby healthy brain tissues. Malignant tumors rarely spread beyond the brain or spinal cord.
Primary brain tumors are tumors that start in the brain. There are many types and subtypes of primary brain tumors; some are benign, others malignant. Examples include gliomas, meningiomas, medulloblastomas, pituitary adenomas and central nervous system lymphomas.
- Astrocytoma : Most Common type of brain tumor in children; originates in the brainstem, cerebellum, white matter of the cerebrum or spinal cord.
- Brainstem Glioma : Originates in the medulla, pons or midbrain.
- Ependymoma : Originates in the membrane that lines the ventricles and central canal of the spine.
- Glioblastoma Multiforme : Most Common types in adults; originates in glial cells in the cerebrum. This is the most common aggressive primary malignant tumor.
- Medulloblastoma : Second Most Common type in children; originates in the fourth cerebral ventricle and the cerebellum; often invades the meninges. It is also a highly malignant primary brain tumor.
Treatment Options for Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor Treatment
1. Minimally Invasive Brain Tumor Surgery :
- Much lesser risk of post surgery complications, infection.
- Shorter, more comfortable post-operative recovery.
- Better clinical outcomes i.e an enhanced opportunity to regain physical function.
Following Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery Techniques for Brain Tumor Treatment are available
- Brain Suite – Intra-operative MR Navigation Microsurgery. Advanced imaging technique now developed to enable Neurosurgeons with intra-operative MRI to aid in the removal of complex and hard-to-access brain tumors during surgery. This new technique relies on a powerful computer system, which assists the surgeon in precisely localizing a lesion, in planning each step of the procedure on the computer screen, and in calculating the ideal access to the tumour before the operation.
Trans-Nasal Endoscopic Removal of Brain Tumor through the noseThe endoscopic trans-nasal approach is performed through the nostrils. A natural passage way exists at the backend of the nose leading into the sphenoid sinus (an air filled cavity in the depths of the skull) , which can be enlarged so that the endoscope so that the endoscope and instruments can pass into this air filled cavity. From this region the sella turcica is easily accessed, which is the location of pituitary gland. Neurosurgeons use this route normally to remove the tumor from pituitray (the master gland).Post a Query
2. Radiation therapy :
Gamma Knife RadioSurgery : Advanced Non Surgical Treatment for Brain TumorsThough it is called Gamma Knife, there is no blade used or blood loss in this advanced stereotactic radiosurgical treatment. There is a new ray of hope for patients diagnosed with brain tumor disorders for treatment by Gamma Knife radiosurgery. Although it’s called Gamma Knife, there is no blade or blood. Instead, it’s a stereotactic radiosurgical treatment that delivers a dose of gamma radiation to the target with surgical precision and is the most accepted and widely used radiosurgery treatment in the world. Gamma Knife is a very precise and effective instrument that uses radiation to treat the brain and is often called radiosurgery. Gamma Knife surgery is recognized worldwide as the preferred treatment for brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations and brain dysfunctions such as trigeminal neuralgia.
Novalis Tx Radiosurgery : Advanced Non Surgical Treatment for Brain TumorsNovalis Tx Radiosurgery is one of the most precise, non-invasive radiosurgery treatments available for cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the entire body. It represents a new standard in radiosurgery treatment, featuring advanced technologies that deliver highly precise treatment while protecting surrounding healthy tissue and offers one of the fastest treatment times available-minutes, not hours-giving new hope to patients with tumors once considered untreatable. Novalis Tx Radiosurgery rotates around the patient to deliver treatment beams anywhere in the body from virtually any angle. A set of sophisticated image guidance and motion management tools continuously provide clinicians with detailed information about the shape, size and position of the targeted lesion to guide patient setup and positioning and monitor motion during treatment.
CyberKnife RadiosurgeryA new hope for patients who have inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or who may be looking for a non-surgical option, Cyberknife radiosurgery is a non – invasive, high-energy radiation treatment that delivers very precise beams of radiation from many angles outside the body. The accuracy of Cyberknife is so precise that radiation can be ‘matched’ to the shape of small complex tumors, even those located near critical organs. This ability allows Cyberknife to treat many lesions including some considered inoperable or untreatable with surgery. The CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery System is a non-invasive alternative to surgery for the treatment of both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors anywhere in the body, including the prostate, lung, brain, spine, liver, pancreas and kidney. The treatment – which delivers beams of high dose radiation to tumors with extreme accuracy – offers new hope to the patients worldwide.
3. Chemotherapy :
Chemotherapy is the Use of Powerful Drugs to Kill Tumor Cells.
- A single drug or a combination may be used.
- Chemotherapy is usually given in cycles. A cycle consists of a short period of intensive treatment followed by a period of rest and recovery. Each cycle lasts a few weeks.
- Most regimens are designed so that two to four cycles are completed. There is then a break in the treatment, and scans are done to see how the tumor has responded to the therapy.
- The side effects of chemotherapy are well known and are today less difficult to tolerate. They include nausea and vomiting, mouth sores, loss of appetite, loss of hair, and many others. Some of these side effects can be relieved or improved by medication.Refer a Patient
Get a No Obligation Opinion for Brain Cancer Treatment from Top Specialists in India
Or you can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by Whatsapp on +91 98 9999 3637 Response assured in max. 24 Hours.