Dr (Prof) Anant Kumar
Dr (PROF) ANANT KUMAR, M.S. M.Ch., DNB Director,
M.S. M.Ch., DNB
Dr. Prof Anant Kumar is amongst the most reputed and experienced Urology & Transplant surgeons in India with 25 years of experience in Urology & Renal Transplantation as a teacher and clinician and a vast experience Kidney Transplantation & Renovascular Hypertension, Laparoscopic Urology, Urological Oncology, Laser Urological Surgery & Endourology, Urethroplasty, Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Urology. He has worked and trained at the best centres of excellence for Urology medicine globally and has an excellent track record of successful outcomes.
Dr Anant Kumar completed Urology training at India’s premier teaching hospital Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh. He then went abroad and trained in various aspects of urology & renal transplantation at Monas Medical Centre Melbourne, Cleveland Clinic Ohio, Harlev Hospital, Denmark, Royal Victoria Infirmary & Freeman Hospital Newcastle UK, Washington University, St. Luis and John Hopkins, Baltimore, USA.
Professional Experience /Hospital Affiliations:
- I have Ex Prof. & Head, Department of Urology & Kidney
- Ex Honary Consultant, Addenbrook NHS Foundation, Cambridge
- Ex Senior Consultant, Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Dr Anant Kumar has done over 2200 kidney transplantations in last 24 years and has been retrieving all kidneys laparoscopically in last 12 years and have done over 1400 lap donor nephrectomy. He has extensive experience in renovascular hypertension. Having done several hundred endourological procedures like PCNL, URS, RIRS,flexible ureteroscopy, endopyelotomy, TURP, TUBT, optical urethrotomy, Laser prostatectomy(HOLAP), Reconstructive urology of kidney, bladder & urethra. His special interest are in urethral reconstruction like substitution urethroplasty, uro-oncology and he has vast experience in Uro- oncological surgery done laparoscopically like rad nephrectomy , rad prostate etc. He is an expert on Robotic urological procedures and has done robotic radical prostatectomy, Robotic partial nephrectomy, robotic radical cystectomy, pyeloplasty and robotic ureteric re-implantation.
Research in Transplanation:
At Monash University, Australia, Dr Kumar engaged in renal transplant research in small and medium sized animals. The team tested value of various constituent of UW solution in dog model and also learnt microsurgical techniques to do renal transplants in rats where tested immunosuppressive property of polyethylene glycol. His clinical research in various aspects of urology and renal transplantation are published over 160 papers published in various nation and international medical forums.
- MBBS, MS (Surgery)
- M.Ch (Urology)
- DNB (Urology)
- International Fellowship of Nephrology at Monash Medical Center Melbourne
- Clinic Fellowship and Indian American Association of Urology at John Hopkins, Baltimore
- Published over 200 papers in the national & international journals and also written several academic chapters and invited for peer review.
- Ex Prof & Head, Urology & Kidney Transplantation, SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- Ex Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Consultant Urologist – Addenbrooke’s & NHS Trust, Cambridge, UK