Dr. K. Sridhar
Director , 26 years of experience
Dr K Sridhar is a senior neurosurgeon of Chennai with more than 30 years in the field of neurosurgery. He is recognised as an accomplished and extremely skilled microsurgeon. He has pioneered spine surgery and skull base surgery. Having performed more than a 1000 complex Brain Tumour surgeries his focus is currently on lesions in the Brain Stem and in functionally eloquent areas of the brain.
He has been a teacher for most of his neurosurgical career and is known for his Hands on Microneurosurgery workshops. He has been an associate editor of the Textbook of Neurosurgery and the Editor of the Textbook of Operative Neurosurgery, apart from being on the Editorial Board of many Neurosurgical Journals. He is known for his organisational capabilities and his building of a Neurosciences Team that can provide all round comprehensive care for neuro patients. He believes in the motto : “Together We Can” and is driving the concept of “Integrated Neuro Care” at the Institute of Neurosciences and Spinal Disorders at the Gleneagles Global Hospitals.
- MBBS – Madras Medical College, Madras, 1982
- DNB – Neurosurgery – New Delhi, 1990
- 2009- September 2011: Head, Division of Brain and Spine Surgery, Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- June 2006 – April 2009 :Medical Director and Head of Neurosurgery National Neurosciences Centre, Calcutta
- 1990 to 2005 :Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon, Dr.A. Lakshmipathi Neurosurgical Centre, V H S Hospital, Chennai 600113
- December 2004 to October 2005: Professor and Head of Neurosurgery, Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, Enathur, Kanchipuram
- 1992 – 2006: Consultant Neurosurgeon, Malar Hospitals, Chennai
- 1996 till 2006: Hony Consultant Neurosurgeon, Southern Railway, Railway Headquarters Hospital, Perambur, Chenna