Dr Arun Garg
Neurologist Director, 26 years of experience
MBBS, MD, DM
Dr. Arun Garg is the head of the stroke neurology at medanta. His vision is to develop “brain rescue” programme for immediate and long term management of individuals with stroke, covering the entire north india with an epicentre at medanta; the first of its kind in india which matches international health care standards. He has developed a three-tier system in north india, where primary and secondary brain rescue centres are connected to hub hospital, medanta-the medicity, gurgaon through network of ambulances and telemedicine. He has pioneered the role of thrombolysis in acute stroke in this part of the country.
His passion for stroke has taken him to university of massachusetts amherst (umass), massachusetts, usa and he has tied up with them for stroke prevention / education / treatment / rehabilitation/ latest research. Apart from the acute management of stroke, he also has a keen interest in post- stroke neuro-rehabilitation with the input from a multidisciplinary team; a service fully functional at medanta.He is also the organiser and concept designer of “essentials of acute stroke treatment (east)”, a training course related to management of acute stroke, aimed for physicians and health care providers at primary and secondary level hospitals.He has published in many national and international journals and has a keen interest in teaching. He earlier has developed neurology services at max hospital, delhi.
- MBBS – Sawai Mansingh Medical College, Jaipur (SMS College) – 1986
- MD – General Medicine – Sawai Mansingh Medical College, Jaipur (SMS College) – 1989
- DM – Neurology – Sawai Mansingh Medical College, Jaipur (SMS College) – 2002
- Senior Neurologis at Max Hospital
- Neurology, Residency at Swai Man Singh Jaipur
- Neurology, Director at Medanta , The Medicity
- Neurology, Director at CrediHealth Video