Dr. Somesh Virmani
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Senior Consultant , DNB, MNAMS, MBBS, 15 years of experience
Dr. Somesh Virmani is a formally trained paediatric orthopaedic surgeon. He holds a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedics from Christian Medical College, Vellore; one of the premier medical institute in Asia-Pacific region that boasts of one of the largest Paediatric Orthopaedics unit in India. With Hands-on experience and exposure to all nuances of his area of speciality derived from his rich clinical education, he has been practicing exclusive paediatric orthopaedics for many years now. With an outstanding experience in orthopaedics that spans over 15 years of practice, Dr. Virmani is adept at handling complex cases that cover the whole spectrum of paediatric orthopaedics i.e bone & joint problems in kids and teenagers.
He expertise lies in treating Cerebral Palsy, Congenital dislocation of Hip ( DDH), Congenital anomalies as Genu Valgum, Genu varum, Cubitus Varus, Hip Preservation (Safe surgical dislocation hip), SCFE, Perthes disease, Foot and ankle disorders in children as Flat feet, Tarsal Coalition and Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
He has received many awards for his scientific presentation at Various National & state conferences. Under his credit, there are various publications in International and Indian journals.
- Clubfoot (CTEV)
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Congenital dislocation of Hip ( DDH)
- Congenital anomalies as Genu Valgum, Genu varum, Cubitus Varus etc.
- Hip Preservation ( Safe surgical dislocation hip), SCFE
- Perthes disease
- Foot and ankle disorders in children as Flat feet, Tarsal Coalition etc.
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
Education and Training
- DNB, 2008, Northern Central Railway Hospital Connaught Place New Delhi.
- MNAMS, 2009, Northern Central Railway Hospital Connaught Place New Delhi.
- MBBS, 2000, Pt. B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak.