Dr. Sandeep Guleria
Dr. Sandeep Guleria – Nephrologist
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MS, DNB, FRCS, FRCS, 15 years of experience, New Delhi , IndiaSend Enquiry
Dr. Sandeep Guleria has recently joined Indraprastha Apollo hospitals, New Delhi as a Senior Consultant Surgeon in General Surgery, GI Surgery and Transplantation. A distinguished alumnus of University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), Dr. Guleria started his career at the Department of Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He undertook advanced training in the U.K. where he was later appointed as a consultant surgeon in surgery and transplantation at St. James’s University hospital, Leeds, Europe’s Largest teaching hospital. He has spent a considerable part of his career in the academia at the Department of Surgery in AIIMS. His areas of specialisation include kidney transplants, dialysis, renal transplants and URS (therapeutic).
He is currently the vice president of the Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, and a member of the ethics committee of the Transplantation Society. Dr. Guleria has pioneered many path-breaking surgeries during the course of his career. He led the teams that performed the first cadaveric renal transplant in India from a brain dead donor, as also the first two successful kidney pancreas transplants in the country. Dr. Guleria has been actively involved in bringing modifications to the Human Organ Transplant Act through the Rajiv Gandhi foundation. The laparoscopic donor nephrectomy programme by the military academy was set up under his guidance. His contributions towards medical science have been recognised through numerous awards, including the Exemplary Contribution Award by the Indian Medical Association in 2008. Over 106 indexed publications highlight his work and efforts towards developing novel and efficient surgical practices.
Education and Fellowships
- MBBS – University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University, 1984
- DNB – General Surgery – National Board of Examinations (India), 1988
- MS – General Surgery – AIIMS, New Delhi, 1988
- Fellowship – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, U.K, 1993
- Fellowship – Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 1993
- Fellowship – Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2010
- Fellowship – Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, 2010
- G. I. Surgery and Transplantation, Senior Consultant- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi , currently working
- Deptt. Of Organ Transplantation, Senior Registrar- St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds , U.K , currently working, Professor- AIIMS, New Delhi , 2008
- Surgery, Additional Professor- AIIMS, New Delhi , 2004
- Organ Transplantation and Surgery, Consultant Surgeon- St. James University Hospital, Leeds, U.K. , 2002
- Surgery, Associate Professor- AIIMS, New Delhi , 1998
- Deptt. Of Organ Transplantation , Senior Registrar- St. James University Hospital, Leeds, U.K. , 1997
- Surgery, Assistant Professor & Consultant Surgeon- AIIMS, New Delhi , 1994
- Urology and Transplantation, SHO- Royal Free Hospital, London NW3 , 1992
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.