Dr. O. P. Yadava
33 years of experience
MBBS, MS, DNB,
Dr O P Yadava hails from an army background. After completing his medical graduation (MBBS) and MS (General Surgery) from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1976 and 1981 respectively, he joined the Armed Forces as Surgical Specialist. He cleared his DNB Examination in General Surgery in 1983.
His basic training in cardiothoracic surgery started when he was at the Cardiothoracic Centre, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune in 1985. For advanced training he went to Australia. Besides adult cardiac surgery, he was trained in paediatric cardiac surgery in Melbourne and Japan. He came back to India in 1992 and soon cleared the DNB Examination in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
He has an experience of over 12,000 open heart surgical procedures, of which around 10,000 have been performed after his return to India and include mainly coronary artery bypass surgeries, valve repair & replacements and congenital heart procedures. His special field of interest is coronary artery bypass surgery especially total arterial revascularisation and beating heart surgeries (minimally invasive).
- Coronary artery bypass surgeries, especially total arterial revascularisation, valve repair’s replacements, congenital heart procedures,beating heart surgeries (Minimally Invasive).
- Cardiology, CEO and Chief Cardiac Surgeon- National Heart Institute , currently working
- Cardiac Surgery, Founder Chairman- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi , 1998
- MBBS – Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, 1976
- MS – Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, 1981