Dr Sabyasachi Bal
Dr Sabyasachi Bal – Surgical Oncologist
Director , MBBS, MS, DNB, FRCS, 34+ years of experience, New Delhi, IndiaSend Enquiry
Dr. S Bal is the Director of the department of Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Surgical Oncology at Fortis, Vasant Kunj and Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon. Dr. Bal, is an alumnus of AIIMS, New Delhi and was, till 2005, an Additional Professor of Surgery and Consultant Thoracic Surgery and Chief of the Lung Cancer and other thoracic malignancies Clinic at his alma mater, the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is a former fellow of the internationally renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre at New York and a Senior Registrar at the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, London. He has trained in Thoracic surgery in AIIMS, New Delhi and in the UK at the South West Regional Thoracic Surgery Unit at Bristol and at the Brompton Chest Hospital, London.
He has been a clinical research fellow at University of Leicester, UK in Lung Volume Reduction Surgery for Emphysema which he has pioneered in India. Dr. Bal is also one of the pioneers in diagnostic and therapeutic thoracoscopic procedures and today, the department gets referrals from all over North, East and North-East India. He is a member of many surgical societies in India, USA, UK and Japan and has numerous peer reviewed scientific publications and awards to his credit including the Norman Tanner Best Paper Award (Royal Society of Medicine, UK), the Japanese Surgical Society Award in 1996 1997, the Varoon Mahajan Fellowship of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, USA, the Escorts Raj Nanda Pulmonary Fellowship to Glenfield Hospital, University of Leicester, UK and the Best Paper Award of the Indian Association of Surgical Oncology in 2002.
- Thoracic surgery, foregut surgery, thoracoscopic surgery, palliative surgery & resection of foregut tumors, thyroid & parathyroid surgery, airway stenting & laser interventions
Medical School & Fellowships
- MBBS – AIIMS, 1981
- MS – General Surgery – AIIMS, 1984
- DNB – National Board of Examinations, India, 1987
- Fellowship – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK, 1991
- UICC Fellowship – University of Washington, 1994
- Varoon Mahajan Fellowship – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, USA, 1999
- Escorts Raj Nanda Pulmonary Fellowship – Glenfield Hospital, University of Leicester, UK, 2001
- Robotic Thoracic Surgery Fellowship – Duke University Medical Center, 2015
- Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Surgical Oncology, Director & Head- Fortis Flt Lt Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj , currently working.
- Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Surgical Oncology, Director & Head- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, currently working
- Surgery, Additional Professor- AIIMS, New Delhi , 2001
- Surgical Oncology & Thoracic Surgical Oncology, Senior Resident – Royal Marsden Hospital & Royal Brompton Chest Hospital , 1991
- Thoracic Surgery, Senior Resident- Frenchay Hospital Bristol, UK , 1989
- Colorectal Surgery, Senior Registrar- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust , 1988
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.