Dr Rakesh Chopra
40+ years of experience
HOD, MBBS, MD
Dr. Rakesh Chopra is a nationally and internationally renowned Medical Oncologist who has been associated with reputed organizations all across the world for blood cancer, leukemia, lymphoma treatment and bone marrow transplant. With more than 40 yrs of extensive experience Dr Rakesh has exceptional expertise in solid cancers including Breast Cancer ,Women Cancers, Cancer of the Lung, Prostate & Colon. He also specializes in Haemato Oncology – Lymphoma, Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma & Bone Marrow Transplant.
Dr Rakesh has worked with Tata Memorial Hospital (Mumbai), Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (New Delhi), Indraprastha Apollo Hospital & Artemis Hospital, University of Nebraska (USA) to list a few. He has been instrumental in initiating cancer care treatment in various hospitals of repute. He also specializes in Precision Cancer Medicine, Cancer Genetics, Palliative Cancer Treatment and Advanced Chemotherapy Treatment.
- Medical Oncology
Education and Fellowship:
- MBBS : Delhi University College Of Medical Sciences , New Delhi.
- MD : Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, University Pune.
- Rotating Internship, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Junior Residency, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi.
- Senior Residency, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Senior Residency, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Oncology training from leading institutions –The Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute, New York and the Jewish Long Island Hospital, New York.
- Fellowship awarded: The Varoon Mahajan Foundation for study on Bone marrow Transplant at the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center.
- U.I.C.C Post Graduate Course in Chemotherapy, New Delhi.
- Training in Lymphomas Cornell Medical Centre, New York .
- Visiting Fellow, M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas.
- Professor, Chairperson & Head, Department of Medical Oncology/Hematology/BMT, Artemis Cancer Institute, Artemis Hospitals.
- Chief Clinical Coordinator Oncology, Apollo Cancer Institute Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi. Member Board Apollo Research Foundation, Apollo Group.
- Chief of Oncology , Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.Over 40 years of teaching experience in- The Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Artemis Hospitals, Gurugram – Haryana.