Dr Rajesh Mistry
Dr Rajesh Mistry – Surgical Oncologist
25+ years of experience
MBBS, MBBS, MSSend Enquiry
Dr Rajesh Mistry is one of the most renowned Onco-surgeon in the field of Thoracic & Head/Neck Oncology and currently associated with Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai. He has a rich experience of 25+ years & has performed more than 1000 surgeries, famously known for surgically removing the largest cancerous tumor of 7.5 kg from a teen’s chest. Dr Mistry has done his MBBS & MS from the well-known Seth G. S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai University, following which he has also done Surgical Oncology training at Tata Memorial Hospital.
Dr Mistry has been a principal investigator for clinical trials involving various aspects of oesophageal (extent of nodal dissection, role of induction chemotherapy, novel method of performing laparoscopic jejunostomy) and lung cancer (PET-CT in lung cancer, pulmonary metastasectomy). He has pioneered ‘submandibular salivary gland transfer’ for preserving salivary function in patients on radiation therapy in India.
He has published several scientific articles in the peer-reviewed journal and contributed to chapters in books. He has a special interest in Thoraco-laparoscopic Oesophagostomy and Thoracoscopic Surgery.
Some of the services offered by the doctor are Thoraco-laparoscopic oesophageal resection for Cancer, Open and thoracoscopic lung surgeries for malign and benign lung pathologies, Pleuro-pneumonectomy for malignant mesothelioma, Endoscopic management of tracheal tumours and tracheal resections, Surgery for gastric neoplasm, Head Neck surgeries (composite resections, laryngectomies, cranio-facial resection, surgery for parotid, thyroid and parathyroid tumours)
- Surgical Oncology
- Thoraco-laparoscopic Oesophagectomy
- Thoracoscopic Surgery
Education and Fellowship
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS )
- MS – General Surgery – Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai University, 1984
- Oncology & Surgical Oncology, Director & Consultant- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Andheri , currently working
- Thoracic Surgical Oncology, Professor & Chief- Tata Memorial Hospital
- Head Neck Oncology, Assistant Surgeon- Tata Memorial Hospital
- General Surgical, Resident- KEM Hospital, Mumbai