|Total Hip Replacement (THR) is a treatment to all kinds of hip arthritis, improving the quality of life of patients who undergo the operation. The trouble causing hip is surgically removed and replaced with an artificial one. In Total Hip Replacement, the entire femoral head is removed. A new ball and socket is placed as an implant/prosthesis. The new hip ball is attached to a stem which gets machined inside the hip bone. Hip Replacement Implant can wear out over a period of time due to various reasons. The average hip replacement traditionally lasts for 15-20 years, but in younger patients it can wear out much sooner. Once the hip replacement implant wears out, a revision hip replacement procedure may be considered.There are two major types of artificial hip replacements – Cemented Prosthesis and the Uncemented Prosthesis. Both types of prosthesis are widely used.
Each prosthesis is made up of two parts :-
1) The acetabular component, or socket portion, which replaces the acetabulum.
2) The femoral component or stem portion, which replaces the femoral head.
Hip Replacement Surgery is required when
- Osteoarthritis: This condition is primarily age-related and generally occurs in individuals over the age of 50, who have a family history of this condition. Osteoarthritis causes the cartilage cushion in the hip to wear away, leading to bone friction and hip pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This condition causes inflammation of the synovial membrane, which produces the lubricating fluid for the hip joint.
- Hip disease during childhood: Some hip diseases suffered during infancy or childhood can result in arthritis in adult life even if the diseases were treated and cured during childhood
- Arthritis caused by hip fracture/trauma: Fracture of the hip or severe damage to the ligaments in the hip joint can cause degeneration of the cartilage, resulting in hip pain.
High quality Hip Joint Surgery at a fraction of the cost
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery (THR)
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Surgery (BHR)
- Computer Assisted Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Hip Joint Surgery
- World-class Hospital
- Zero waiting time and priority Appointment Booking
- Post-surgery Rehabilitation for faster recovery
Big Savings! Getting a Hip Replacement or a Hip Resurfacing Surgery has become a very expensive affair in USA or UK. For example, a Hip Replacement/ Resurfacing Surgery in USA would cost you 33,000 to 57,000 US Dollars whereas the same surgery would cost you just one fifth or one sixth of that cost in India. Many patients suffering from severe Hip Pain are postponing there surgery due to high cost of surgery. Most of these people are either uninsured or underinsured. They lead a very painful life till they are able to arrange money for an expensive surgery.
Most Modern Technology and Expertise- In some other countries there is a long waiting list or lack of technology and expertise. The hospitals in India provide just the right solution for all these problems. You can get a Hip Replacement/ Resurfacing surgery in India at very low cost by expert and vast experienced doctors and at a world class hospital
To know more about Hip Replacement Surgery in India please visit this link : https://safemedtrip.com/medical-services/orthopedic-surgeries-treatment-in-india/hip-replacement-surgery-in-india.html