During the procedure, while the console surgeon operates the sophisticated robot from a distance, the bedside surgeon is responsible for placement of the correct surgical ports and directing the robot into the patient. And like other surgery, nurses and anesthesiologists play key roles during the procedure.
About the da Vinci Surgical System The da Vinci Surgical System enables doctors to perform surgery in a manner never before experienced. With the surgeon sitting at a console a few feet from the patient, da Vinci translates that surgeon’s hand movements into corresponding micro-movements of instruments inside the patient’s body.
The da Vinci System provides better visualization, dexterity, precision and control than open surgery, while enabling the surgeon to perform procedures through tiny, 1-2 cm incisions.
3D HD Vision
The da Vinci System provides unparalleled vision inside the patient’s body with natural depth perception, and magnification for more accurate tissue identification.
- Revolutionary 3D, high definition vision with up to 10x magnification
- Bright, crisp, high-resolution image
- Immersive view of the surgical field
EndoWrist Instrumentation and Intuitive Motion As surgeons operate in confined spaces of the body, da Vinci instruments provide a range-of-motion that enhances dexterity. Added dexterity enables surgeons to more accurately and easily perform complex surgical maneuvers through small “ports” – eliminating the need for large, traumatic incisions.
- EndoWrist instruments with 7 degrees of freedom and a range of motion far greater than the human hand
- Reduction of surgeon hand tremors
- Optimal alignment of visual and motor axes
- Comfortable seated posture
The da Vinci System’s robotic arms hold the camera and instruments steady. For the patient, that means less potential for torque and trauma to the body. For the surgeon, it can man less assistance needed and reduced fatigue.
Advantages:- Robotic Surgery isn’t an option for everyone, but it offers many advantages in those for whom it’s appropriate.
Advantages may include:
- Less blood loss
- Lower risk of infection
- Reduced trauma and pain
- Shorter time in the hospital, faster recovery and quicker return to normal activities
- Smaller, less noticeable scars