- It is less risky as compared to surgery.
- Needs no general anesthesia.
- No Surgical scar on skin.
- Done as a Day Care procedure with no overnight hospital stay necessary.
- No blood loss or risk of blood transfusion.
- The recovery is very fast as compared to traditional surgery.
- The recurrence rate is very low as compared to conventional surgery.
- Normal activities like long distance walking, running, standing can be resumed within 1-2 days.
Modern Non-Surgical Treatment for Varicose Veins in India
Varicose veins are gnarled, enlarged veins. Any vein may become varicose, but the veins most commonly affected are those in your legs and feet. That’s because standing and walking upright increases the pressure in the veins of your lower body.
For many people, varicose veins and spider veins — a common, mild variation of varicose veins — are simply a cosmetic concern. For other people, varicose veins can cause aching pain and discomfort. Sometimes varicose veins lead to more-serious problems. Varicose veins may also signal a higher risk of other circulatory problems. Treatment may involve self-care measures or procedures by your doctor to close or remove veins.
Varicose veins are a type of venous disorder that causes abnormalities in the veins, especially on the legs and feet. Though the cause may vary from person to person, the condition leads to swelling or enlarged veins that may be painful or itchy and can eventually lead to bleeding and (non healing) ulcers.
Varicose veins usually don’t cause any pain. Signs you may have varicose veins include:
- Veins that are dark purple or blue in color
- Veins that appear twisted and bulging; often like cords on your legs
When painful signs and symptoms occur, they may include:
- An achy or heavy feeling in your legs
- Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping and swelling in your lower legs
- Worsened pain after sitting or standing for a long time
- Itching around one or more of your veins
- Skin ulcers near your ankle, which can mean you have a serious form of vascular disease that requires medical attention
Spider veins are similar to varicose veins, but they’re smaller. Spider veins are found closer to the skin’s surface and are often red or blue. They occur on the legs, but can also be found on the face. Spider veins vary in size and often look like a spider’s web.
Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLT) / Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) – Modern Non-Surgical Treatment for Varicose Veins
Endovenous Laser Treatment involves the where a fine laser probe is passed inside a vein. This heats the vein and causes it to close up. A fine ELVeS laser fiber is inserted into an introducer sheath and is progressed towards the sapheno-femoral junction. The positioning is confirmed by ultrasound and near infrared laser energy is delivered in short pulses. This causes thermal contraction of the vein wall and application of tumescent local anaesthesia protects the surrounding structures from damage. The laser treatment is performed along the entire vessel length and the laser energy leads to a complete occlusion of the vein
Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) the latest and most effective, patient friendly and non-surgical treatment for Varicose veins using Multipolar RFA machine. Under color-doppler Ultrasound vision, a radiofrequency catheter is inserted into the abnormal vein and the vessel treated with radio-energy, resulting is closure of the involved vein. The Interventional Radiologist accesses the abnormal saphenous vein percutaneoulsy through a small cannula in abnormal vein. Ablation uses a thin, flexible tube called a catheter with tiny electrodes at the tip of the catheter, which collapses the thick varicose veins.
Advantages of Non Surgical EVLT/ RFA Varicose Veins Treatment