Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery at World Class Hospitals in India.
Get Most Advanced and Affordable Orthopedic Surgey at World Class Hospitals in India.
Mrs Linda from USA shares her India Medical Travel Experience.
“My name is Linda from Houston, Tx and I am a 25 year old working in a Software Company. I had severeforearm and wrist pain since last 2 years. The pain used to increase on lifting objects. Our local hospital diagnosed me for having tennis elbow for which I received treatment in the form of analgesics, heat therapy, steroids and brace for 4 months.
Twice I was given local steroid injections which resulted in temporary but incomplete relief. The severe pain persisted even after 10 months of therapy.
Since I had no insurance I started to think about going to India for low cost surgery without compromising on the quality of treatment. I then came across SafeMedTrip which put me in touch with Dr Gupta at India’s most advanced hospital. I underwent a minimally invasive surgery where they performed debridement of extensor tendon origin with decompression of bone. Request a Call Back
Why you should choose World Class Hospitals in India for Most Advanced Hip Replacement Surgery?
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a specific group of symptoms that can include tingling, numbness, weakness, or pain in the fingers, thumb, hand, and occasionally in the forearm. These symptoms occur when there is pressure on the median nerve within the wrist. The carpal tunnel is a small space or “tunnel” in the wrist formed by the wrist bones (carpal bones) and a ligament (transverse carpal ligament). The median nerve and several tendons pass through the carpal tunnel from the forearm to the hand. The tendons are surrounded by tubes of tissue.
It is the most common nerve entrapment syndrome, characterized by paresthesias, typically nocturnal, and sometimes sensory loss and wasting in the median nerve distribution in the hand; often bilateral and affects women more than men; due to chronic entrapment of the median nerve at the wrist within the carpal tunnel.
What are the causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the tissues surrounding the flexor tendons in the wrist swell and put pressure on the median nerve. These tissues are called the synovium. The synovium lubricates the tendons and makes it easier to move the fingers.This swelling of the synovium narrows the confined space of the carpal tunnel, and over time, crowds the nerve. Many things contribute to the development of carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Heredity is the most important factor – carpal tunnels are smaller in some people, and this trait can run in families.
- Hand use over time can play a role. Especially in computer operators and musicians who keep their wrists in extended position for a long time.
- Hormonal changes related to pregnancy can play a role.
- Age — the disease occurs more frequently in older people.
- Medical conditions, including diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and thyroid gland imbalance can play a role.Get Estimate
Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery in India
The most common surgery for relieving carpal tunnel symptoms involves cutting the transverse carpal ligament to relieve pressure on the median nerve in the wrist. Two approaches for this surgery are:
• Open Sarpal Tunnel Release Surgery, which allows the doctor to see more of the inner tissues, including the full width of the transverse carpal ligament where it is to be cut. Open surgery requires an incision in the palm and wrist, which disturbs more of the tissues in the hand, and requires a longer recovery period. It leaves a larger scar than does endoscopic surgery. But there may be less chance of other complications. See a picture of open carpal tunnel surgery.
• Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, which requires only a small incision at the wrist (single-portal technique) or at the wrist and palm (two-portal technique), and which disturbs less tissue in the hand. Recovery is quicker than with open surgery. And the scars heal more quickly, are smaller, and tend to be less painful at 3 months after surgery. There may be a slightly higher rate of reoperation after endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery. See a picture of endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery.Get Estimate
Why Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery is Done ?
Symptoms are still present after a long period of nonsurgical treatment. In general, surgery is not considered until after several weeks to months of non-surgical treatment. But this assumes that you are having ongoing symptoms but no sign of nerve damage. Nerve damage would make surgery more urgent.
- Severe symptoms (such as persistent loss of feeling or coordination in the fingers or hand, or no strength in the thumb) restrict normal daily activities.
- There is damage to the median nerve, or a risk of nerve damage.
- Tumors or other growths need to be removed. Get Estimate
What are the Aims and Benefits of Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery?
- Relief from Neural Compression
- Pain Reduction
- Prevention of Further Deterioration
The chance of obtaining a significant benefit from surgery depends upon a wide variety of factors. Your neurosurgeon will give you an indication of the likelihood of success in your specific case.
Balondemu Darkwah from Uganda shares his India Medical Travel Experience.
I could not have managed even a step without your staff’s excellent care. Couldn’t be happier with the surgeon, physicians and their expertise. All staff nurses and doctors are very attentive. Always available, kind and considerate.
Your Case Managers are very personable and professional. My stay was very comfortable. Will recommend for sure. Thanks you all and God bless you !Refer a Patient
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.