Most Advanced Treatment options for Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Injuries. Arthroplasty, Ankle Joint Replacement by Top Surgeons at Best Hospitals in India
Benefit from our expertise of helping thousands of international patients find High Quality Orthopedic, Bone & Joint Treatments. Affordable Cost Assured.
Why you should choose World Class Hospitals in India for Most Advanced Ankle Replacement Surgery?
What is Ankle Surgery?
Ankle replacement is surgery to replace the damaged parts of the three bones that make up the ankle joint. Artificial joint parts (prosthetics) are used to replace your own bones. Total ankle replacement is a procedure in which an injured ankle joint is replaced with a plastic and metal joint. They come in different sizes to fit different-size people. An ankle replacement surgery may be also termed as Ankle Arthroplasty, Total Ankle Arthroplasty, Endoprosthetic Ankle Replacement, Ankle Surgery.
Why do you require an Ankle Surgery?
Ankle surgery may be done if the ankle joint is severely damaged. The symptoms may be pain and loss of movement of the ankle. Some causes of damage are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Bone fracture
- Arthritis caused by ankle surgery in the past.
Conditions that may need Ankle surgery
- Bunions and hammer toes.
- Ankle arthritis.
- Achilles tendon disorders.
- Plantar Fasciitis.Get Estimate
Advantages of Ankle Surgery:-
- Relieve pain and restore joint function in patients with end-stage degenerative joint disease resulting from osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ability to maintain movement in the joint.
- Encourages a more normal walking gait pattern.
- It helps protect the surrounding joints (eg. subtalar joint) compared to an ankle fusion.
- Gives a good useable range of movement of ankle.
Overall most people are very happy with their ankle replacement and get back to a relatively active lifestyle without the severe pain of ankle arthritis.Get Estimate