Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment for Thyroid at Best Hospitals & by Leading Doctors in India
Thyroidectomy and Disorders of Thyroid
Benefit from India’s World Class Hospital’s internationally recognised medical and surgical expertise, now used by a large number of overseas patients to overcome Thyroid problems. Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery (Also popularly known as Key Hole Surgery) is a safe option that helps the patient.
ThyroidThe thyroid gland is located on the front part of the neck below the thyroid cartilage (Adam’s apple). The gland produces thyroid hormones, which regulate metabolic rate. Thyroid hormones are important in regulating body energy, temperature, and use of other hormones, vitamins, growth and maturation of body tissues.
Diseases of the thyroid gland like nodules or goitre can result in either production of too much or too little thyroid hormone. Thyroid problems are much more common in women than in men.
Refer a Patient
Disorders of Thyroid
- Hypothyroidism: This disorder attacks women more than men. Hypothyroidism results from under-active thyroid gland which results in less production of thyroid hormones that leads to lots of weight gain, hypertension and other problems. This is a very common disease which occurs in many children and aged people.
- Hyperthyroidism: Hyperthyroidism results from over active the thyroid glands which result in increased production of thyroid hormones which leads to over stimulation (weight loss, tension, anxiety and others).
- Postpartum Thyroiditis : After giving birth to a baby, a female’s thyroid glands may swell and turn larger in size. This type growth of glands to a very large extent is due to Postpartum Thyroiditis.
- Thyroid Cancer : Thyroid cancer is also of many types. This is due to the lump. Once you are affected by thyroid cancer, surgery is the only option.Post a Query
A thyroidectomy is the surgical removal of all or part of the thyroid gland. Surgeons often perform a thyroidectomy when a patient has thyroid cancer or some other condition of the thyroid gland (such as thyroid nodules, thyroid enlargement (goitre) or hyperthyroidism). It produces hormones that regulate metabolism.
- Total Thyroidectomy: It is the most common of type of thyroid surgeries. With this surgery the entire gland is removed. Surgery of this type is most often used on the aggressive types of thyroid cancers such as medullary and anaplastic. It is also used in the treatment of uncontrollable hyperthyroidism/Graves’ and for goitres. When papillary and follicular thyroid cancer cells are found in both lobes a total thyroidectomy will be performed.
- Partial/Subtotal Thyroidectomy: It is the operation where only a portion of the gland is removed. Occasionally the isthmus and a piece of the second lobe may also be removed. This operation is used in small and non-aggressive thyroid cancers such as papillary and follicular. The thyroid cancer is contained to one lobe only.Request a Call Back
Highly Advanced Minimally Invasive Thyroid Surgery at SafeMedTrip Affiliated World Class Hospitals in IndiaMinimally invasive surgery is also known as endoscopic surgery. You also may be familiar with terms like laparoscopic surgery or “keyhole” surgery. These are minimally invasive procedures that utilize an endoscope to reach internal organs through very small incisions.
During endoscopic surgery the surgeon inserts a thin, flexible tube with a video camera through a small incision or a natural orifice like the mouth or nostrils. The tube has a channel to utilize tiny surgical instruments, which the surgeon uses while viewing the organs on a computer monitor.
This technique allows the surgeon to see inside the patient’s body and operate through a much smaller incision than would otherwise be required for traditional open surgery.Post a Query
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Thyroid Surgery :
- Small incisions
- Less pain
- Low risk of infection
- Short hospital stay
- Quick recovery time
- Less scarring
- Reduced blood lossRefer a Patient
How Can You Get a Free Expert Opinion from Top Laparoscopic Specialists in India ?
Please Click a picture of your recent medical reports and send to us by WhatsApp, Viber on +91 9899993637 OR
Your case would be reviewed by best Specialists in India and an Expert Opinion with Treatment cost Estimate shall be sent to you with in 2 working days.