Hysterctomy Surgery – Treatment from India’s Leading Hospitals & Top Specialists
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is Assured.
Techniques Used for Hysterectomy
Women are special. We know that women put their heart into taking care of everyone around them. That’s why our team of highly experienced medical professionals has developed the most modern medical & surgical care that promotes optimal health during each new stage of a woman’s life.
Benefit from India’s World Class Hospital’s internationally recognised medical and surgical expertise, now used by a large number of overseas patients to overcome hernia problems. Advanced Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery (Also popularly known as Key Hole Surgery) is a safer option that helps the patient recover quickly to normal life in just a few days.
The hystera or the uterus is the female organ that protects and provides nutrition to the fertilized ovum allowing it to grow into a full grown foetus. It is also known as the womb. During child birth, the smooth muscles of the uterine walls contract to push baby out of the body. The uterus is piriform in shape and weighs 30-40 grams. It is divided into an upper body and a lower cylindrical part called the cervix. Due to certain abnormalities of the uterus, it may become necessary to surgically remove the organ.
This procedure is known as hysterectomy. It is carried out by a experienced gynaecologist surgeon. The uterus may be removed completely (total hysterectomy) or only the body of the uterus is removed leaving the cervix intact inside (partial or supracervical hysterectomy). Since the uterus is the child bearing organ, removal of the uterus makes the woman incapable of bearing a child. This is the main reason why hysterectomy is considered the last choice of treatment.Get Estimate
When is Hysterectomy Surgery Required to be Done ?
Hysterectomy is usually done in case of severe disease or abnormality within the uterus and is usually considered as the last option. This is because after this surgery the female body undergoes a change because of sudden disruptions in the female hormonal levels. This affects the overall health of the female for the rest of her life. Indications for hysterectomy include tumours of the reproductive system (uterus, cervix, ovaries), chronic pelvis pain, endometriosis (inflammation of the inner lining of the uterus), uterine fibroids and 2nd or 3rd degree uterine prolapse (uterus descends down towards the mouth of vagina due to weakened supporting ligaments), persistent vaginal bleeding during the menstrual cycle.
Sometimes it may have to be removed just after childbirth due to abnormal position of the placenta (cord that attaches the baby to the uterine walls) or excessive post partal bleeding. In very rare cases the hysterectomy may be carried out as a prophylactic measure in cases of strong family history of reproductive system cancers (like breast cancer) or in the presence of any developmental abnormality. Get Estimate
Different types of Hysterectomy Surgery
- Radical Hysterectomy- In this procedure along with the removal of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, upper vagina, connective tissue surrounding the uterus and the nearby lymph nodes are also removed. This generally indicated in cancers of the uterus.
- Total Hysterectomy- In this procedure the entire uterus along with the cervix is removed. The other organs are left intact.
- Subtotal Hysterectomy- In this procedure only the body of the uterus is removed. The cervix is kept in place.
Different Techniques Used for Hysterectomy
There are Three Different Techniques Used for Hysterectomy – Abdominal, Vaginal and Laparoscopic.
- Abdominal Hysterectomy – is the oldest techniques in which the uterus is accessed through a horizontal or vertical incision of 5″-7″ made in the lower part of the abdomen (just above the pubic line). This procedure is generally used for radical hysterectomy as the entire reproductive complex can be viewed and explored through this incision. Since this procedure involves the cutting of abdominal muscles, recovery after this surgery is slow to allow healing of the muscles. It generally takes 6 months for complete recovery.
- Vaginal Hysterectomy was an improvement over the abdominal technique. The uterus is removed through the vaginal canal by making a small circular incision in the upper part of the vagina. This procedure is indicated in case of uterine prolapse. Since the incision is small it requires a shorter healing time and a shorter hospital stay. The complications and occurrence postoperative infection is also less as compared to abdominal hysterectomy.
- LAPAROSCOPIC ASSISTED HYSTERECTOMY is a modern minimally invasive technique with lesser post-operative complications and rapid recovery for the patient.
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy involves making three or four small cuts in the abdomen near the belly button. A laparoscope is inserted through the incisions into the abdominal cavity. The video imaging of the insides of the pelvic cavity through the laparoscope gives a clearer picture to the surgeon as compared to the traditional abdominal approach. Surgical instruments are inserted through the laparoscope into the belly and the uterus is cut into small pieces. The pieces are then removed through the small incisions made in the abdomen.
- Laparoscopic assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy involves inserting a laparoscope through 2-3 small cuts in the abdomen near the navel, visualising the uterus and the surrounding areas, detaching the uterus and then removing it through the vagina.
- Laparoscopic- assisted Supracervical Hysterectomy removes the uterus without removing the cervix using a morcellator which cuts the uterus into small pieces that can be removed from the abdominal cavity via the laparoscopic ports.
- Robotic Laparoscopy Hysterectomy – is a variant of laparoscopic surgery using special remotely controlled robotic instruments that allow the surgeon finer control as well as three-dimensional magnified vision.
We Assure Most Affordable Estimates with in 48 Hours from Top Hospitals in India.
We help you get FREE Expert Opinion from Top Doctors at Best Hospitals in All Major Cities in India.
How it Works – Get Most Affordable Treatment in India
Send medical reports by WhatsApp/Email
Receive quotation(s) within 48 Hours
Get Free Medical Visa & Airport Pick up
Medical Treatment Assisted & Fly Back Home
Frequently Asked Questions
Once we receive your reports, we will get them reviewed by our medical experts and will send you a detailed treatment package consisting of doctor’s diagnosis, treatment plan, cost of treatment, duration of stay in hospital and duration of stay in India besides other relevant details.
Once you have confirmed to us that you want to proceed further to get treatment in India, our team will help you with the Indian medical visa assistance and documentation process. We will also help you in arranging for a comfortable local stay for you and your attendant. You don’t have to send any money in advance.
Savings can be from 30-50%, depending upon the procedure and the destination. Your treatment will be carried out from only the best hospitals in India that are NABH accredited and have specialists that are recognized globally for their expertise.
From the date you decide on one of the three affordable treatment packages offered to you. It may take 1- 3 weeks to obtain Medical Visa and book flight tickets. We have zero waiting period and you can be received at the Airport on arrival and immediately admitted at hospital and treatment will start.
Its advisable that you should not delay your treatment particularly in case of severe illnesses like Cancer, Heart or Spine etc. Early start of treatment results in quick recovery and lower expense compared to delay of treatment.
The difference in cost package due to the labour and insurance costs of the hospital operating in India, and not by the difference in the quality of treatment.
Each patient is assigned to a SafeMedTrip Patient Case Manager who will take care of every single detail ranging from arrival to send off.
Yes, of course. We will provide you with complete assistance in selecting high-quality hotels near the hospital location that fits your budget.
You will be given a complete profile of the specialist before you proceed for the treatment. On special request, we will be happy to connect you with him through a teleconferencing service facilitated by Skype.
What people say about us
I had so many apprehensions and concerns prior to coming to India for surgery that I needed badly to regain my health. “Thanks for your always prompt responses to my volley of questions and concerns. I could not have managed even a step without your staff’s excellent care.
I couldn’t be happier with the Indian hospitals, surgeon, physicians and their expertise. Everyone is very professional yet compassionate. All staff nurses and doctors are very attentive. My stay during treatment in India was very comfortable.
Ms. Janet Biuware From Cameroon
Watch this Video
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.