Get Free Expert Medical Advice/ Second Opinion from Top Heart Specialists by Email, WhatsApp or Viber.
Michael Parker from USA shares his experience about how travelling to India for his mother’s heart surgery saved him from a tough financial crisis.
My mother had severe congestive heart disease and was advised open heart surgery which was extremely expensive in USA. I searched on the internet and I found SafeMedTrip. I filled up the form on the website and with in a few hours I got a call from the Case Manager and she asked me to send the medical reports of my mother.
In just two weeks everything was arranged by Safemedtrip and my mother was operated the very next day of landing in India. I am amazed with their kindness, speed and efficiency. Overall it was a great experience. My mother is doing well and I am extremely grateful to everyone SafeMedTrip, the doctors, nurses and all your team. I would strongly recommend you to anyone looking for medical treatment in India.Request a Call Back
Why you should choose India for Affordable, World Class Heart Surgery, Cardiac Care ?
Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery in India
At leading heart super specialty hospitals in India, Cardiac surgeons now use most advanced minimally invasive heart valve replacement or repair surgery techniques for eligible patients.
The heart has four valves that control the flow of blood through the heart:
By enhancing surgical capabilities, robotic surgery helps to improve clinical outcomes and redefine standards of care.
- Mitral Valve
- Aortic Valve
- Tricuspid Valve
- Pulmonary ValveGet Estimate
Minimal incision valve surgery does not require a large incision or cutting through the entire breastbone. The surgeon gains access to the heart through one to three smaller, less visible incisions (sometimes called “ports”) that can be made between the ribs or a smaller breastbone incision, as well as one small incision in the groin.
The diseased valve can be repaired or replaced through one or more of the ports between the ribs, with the surgeon looking at the heart directly through a small tube-shaped camera.Get Estimate
What is Heart Valve Repair or Replacement Surgery?
If you have mild to moderate heart valve disease, your surgeon often performs heart valve repair. If your heart valve isn’t closing properly (regurgitation), your surgeon may treat your condition using one of three surgeries.
• Repair of Structural Support – In this procedure, your surgeon replaces or shortens the cords that support the valves (chordae tendinae and papillary muscles) to repair the structural support. When the cords and muscles are the right length, the valve leaflet edges meet and eliminate the leak.
• Valve Leaflet Repair – In valve leaflet repair, your surgeon surgically separates, cuts or pleats a valve flap (leaflet) to repair a floppy or prolapsed valve leaflet.Get Estimate
TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation)
Aortic stenosis, the narrowing of the aortic valve, which affects the supply of blood from the heart to the rest of the body, is one of the most frequently acquired heart valve diseases. With the steady increase in the population of the elderly as well as their improved life expectancy, the proportion of those developing severe aortic stenosis due to degeneration and calcification of the aortic valve has been on the rise.
Till 2002, replacement of the aortic valve through an open heart surgery, putting the patient on “heart-lung machine”, was the standard mode of treatment.
For a significant number of high-risk, in-operable elderly, a new minimally invasive procedure, transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), has emerged as a safe and viable option.
TAVI does not require the patient to be on the heart-lung machine. The new bioprosthetic valve is implanted using a catheter, inside the calcified valve itself, through the femoral vein (transfemoral) or the transapical approach…Read MoreGet Estimate
Heart Valve Replacement SurgeryIf your heart valve can’t be repaired, your surgeon will remove your damaged valve and replace it with an artificial (prosthetic) valve. You may need heart valve replacement if you have valve narrowing (stenosis) or severely damaged valves affected by calcium build-up in the valves (calcification) or rheumatic disease. Surgeons perform procedures often to replace mitral or aortic valves, but your surgeon can replace any heart valve.
• Mechanical Valve – It is made totally of mechanical parts that are tolerated well by the body. The bi-leaflet valve is used most often. It consists of two carbon leaflets in a ring covered with polyester knit fabric.
• Biological Valve – Tissue valves (also called biologic or bioprosthetic valves) are made of human or animal tissue. Animal tissue heart valves may come from pig tissue (porcine) or cow tissue (bovine). Tissue valves may have some artificial parts to help give the valve support and to aid placement.
• Homograft Valve (also called Allograft) – It is an aortic or pulmonary human valve that has been removed from a donated human heart, preserved, and frozen under sterile conditions. A homograft may be used to replace a diseased aortic or pulmonary valve.
What are the Advantages of Heart Valve Repair Surgery
- A lower mortality at the time of operation (1-2% for repair versus 6-8% for replacement).
- A significantly lower risk of stroke, and a lower rate of infection.
- Improved long-term survival with mitral valve repair.
- After valve repair surgery blood thinners are not required, in contrast to the life-long requirement for blood thinners after heart valve replacement surgery.Get Estimate
Mary Chinye from Nigeria shares her experience about her One year Old daughter’s miraculous recovery from complex valve defect
It was a matter of life for my young daughter who was diagnosed with Valve defect at just One year age. Finding safemedtrip.com has been a blessing for us. Every member of staff works as a dedicated member of a team to assist recovery.
We were somewhat nervous about coming to India as we have never visited before, but we were never left unsure or uncomfortable about anything from the time we were picked up at the airport. The hospital in India is overall the very best we have experienced. The level of care is exceptional. The doctors, nurses and medical facilities and the room facilities were equally excellent. Thanks you all and God bless you !Refer a Patient
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.
SafeMedTrip Consultants Pvt. ltd. | 301, Ansal Tower 38, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019, India