Esophageal Cancer Treatment at SafeMedTrip Affiliated World Class Hospitals in India
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is assured.
Ms. Jemila Abubakar From Nigeria shares her experience about Medical Treatment in India
Thanks for your always prompt responses to my volley of questions and concerns. I could not have managed even a step without your staff’s Excellent care. Couldn’t be happier with the Indian hospital’s Surgeon, physicians and their expertise. Very personable and professional. Would recommend to others.
All staff nurses and doctors are very attentive. Always available, kind and considerate. My stay during treatment in India was very comfortable. Will recommend for sure.” Thanks you all and God bless you !Request a Call Back
Why you should choose India for Affordable, World Class Esophageal Cancer Treatment
Esophageal Cancer Treatment
Esophageal cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the esophagus.The esophagus is a hollow tube that carries food and liquids from your throat to your stomach. Early esophageal cancer usually does not cause symptoms. However, as the cancer grows, symptoms may include painful or difficulty in swallowing, weight loss and coughing up blood. Risk factors for developing esophageal cancer include:
- Heavy Drinking
- Damage from acid refluxGet Estimate
• Squamous Cell Carcinoma : Cancer that forms in squamous cells, the thin, flat cells lining the esophagus. This cancer is most often found in the upper and middle part of the esophagus, but can occur anywhere along the esophagus. This is also called epidermoid carcinoma.
• Adenocarcinoma : Cancer that begins in glandular (secretory) cells. Glandular cells in the lining of the esophagus produce and release fluids such as mucus. Adenocarcinomas usually form in the lower part of the esophagus, near the stomach.Get Estimate
How are Esophageal Cancers Diagnosed?
• Barium Swallow with X-ray : In a barium swallow, patients swallow a special liquid containing barium that coats the esophagus.
• Upper Endoscopy : In an upper endoscopy, a thin, flexible, lighted tube, called an endoscope, is guided into the mouth and throat, then into the esophagus. The endoscope allows the physician to view the inside of the esophagus, as well as to insert instruments through the scope for the removal of a tissue sample for biopsy.
• Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) : EUS is a test that helps physicians determine the extent to which tumors have penetrated the esophagus and nearby lymph nodes.
• CT : A CT scan is a noninvasive imaging test that combines X-rays and computer technology to produce images of the body. In addition to showing tumors of the esophagus, a CT scan can assist doctors in determining if the cancer has spread into other organs, such as the lungs or liver.
• PET : PET is a sophisticated, noninvasive imaging test that measures the metabolic activity of cells. PET aids physicians in finding cancerous tissue that may not show up on X-rays or other tests.
• Biopsy : The removal of cells or tissues so they can be viewed under a microscope by a pathologist to check for signs of cancer. The biopsy is usually done during an esophagoscopy. Sometimes a biopsy shows changes in the esophagus that are not cancer but may lead to cancer.
• Laparoscopy and Thoracoscopy : Laparoscopy and Thoracoscopy are surgical procedures that involve the use of special thin instruments equipped with a light and camera that are inserted into the body to look for tumors or gather tissue for biopsy.
Treatment of Esophageal Cancer at World Class Hospitals in India
• Surgery : Surgery is commonly used to treat esophageal cancer that has not spread beyond the esophagus and its surrounding lymph nodes. The goal of the operation is to remove the cancer and nearby tissue that may be affected. In an esophagectomy, the surgeon removes part of the esophagus, nearby lymph nodes, and possibly part of the stomach. The remaining part of the esophagus is then connected to the stomach.
• Chemotherapy : Chemotherapy is the use of drugs to kill cancer cells, usually by stopping the cancer cells’ ability to grow and divide. Systemic chemotherapy is delivered through the bloodstream to reach cancer cells throughout the body. Chemotherapy is given by a medical oncologist, a doctor who specializes in treating cancer with medication.
• Radiation therapy : The use of high-energy rays to damage cancer cells, stopping them from growing and dividing. Like surgery, radiation therapy is a local treatment that affects cancer cells only in the treated area. Radiation can come from a machine (external radiation) or from a small container of radioactive material implanted directly into or near a tumor (internal radiation).
• Photodynamic Therapy : A form of treatment that uses a photosensitizing agent, administered by mouth or intravenously, which concentrates selectively in certain cells, followed by exposure of the involved tissue to a special light (such as laser or ultraviolet light), in order to destroy as much of the abnormal tissue as possible. For example, photodynamic therapy is used to treat some forms of cancer and psoriasis.Get Estimate
Minimally Invasive Esophageal Cancer Surgery at SafeMedTrip Affiliated World Class Hospitals in India
For some early (small) cancers, the esophagus can be removed through several small incisions instead of 1 or 2 large incisions. The surgeon puts a scope (like a tiny telescope) through one of the incisions to see everything during the operation. Then the surgical instruments go in through other small incisions. In order to do this type of procedure well, the surgeon needs to be highly skilled and have a great deal of experience removing the esophagus this way. Because it uses smaller incisions, minimally invasive esophagectomy may allow the patient to leave the hospital sooner and recover faster.
Occasionally, the surgeon is unable to do the procedure laparoscopically and must convert to open surgery in order to make it safer for you. In this case, you will have an incision in the middle of your abdomen and your recovery will be longer. To help prevent blood clots from forming in your legs during and after surgery, sequential compression stockings may be applied.
What is the Benefit of Minimally Invasive Esophageal Cancer Surgery?
- Less Post-Operative Pain.
- Faster recovery and return to normal activity.
- Shorter Hospital Stay.
- Less Post-Operative Complications.
- Minimally Sized Incisions/Scars.Get Estimate
Ms Cheryl Campbell from USA shares her experience of travelling to India for Medical Treatment.
My husband and I have experience of hospitals both in the US and UK. Finding safemedtrip.com has been a boon. The hospital in India is overall the very best we have experienced. The level of care is exceptional.
Every member of staff works as a dedicated member of a team to assist recovery. We were somewhat nervous about coming to India as we have never visited before, but we were never left unsure or uncomfortable about anything from the time we were picked up at the airport. The medical facilities and the room facilities were equally excellent. We informed about every step which made us feel in control of our situation. The staff was extremely forthcoming and communicative. A special word of thanks, to the Physiotherapist, who worked hard and motivated me to get back on my feet again without any pain. Were any of our family to need surgery again, with time to make a choice we would come here.Refer a Patient
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.
SafeMedTrip Consultants Pvt. ltd. | 301, Ansal Tower 38, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019, India