Best Indian Hospitals for High Quality and Affordable Cervical Cancer Treatment
Treatment of Cervical Cancer at World Class Hospitals in India
What is Cervical Cancer?
Cancer that forms in the tissues of the cervix (the organ connecting the uterus and vagina). It is usually a slow-growing cancer that may not have symptoms but can be found with regular Pap tests (a procedure in which cells are scraped from the cervix and studied under a microscope). Cervical cancer is almost always caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
Most cervical cancers (80 to 90 percent) are squamous cell cancers. Adenocarcinoma is the second most common type of cervical cancer, accounting for the remaining 10 to 20 percent of cases. Adenocarcinoma develops from the glands that produce mucus in the endocervix. It is less common than squamous cell carcinoma; the incidence of adenocarcinoma is on the rise, particularly in younger women. Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. There are many types of the HPV virus. Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other types may not cause any symptoms.
Abnormal cervical cell changes rarely cause symptoms. But you may have symptoms if those cell changes grow into cervical cancer. Symptoms of cervical cancer may include:
- Bleeding from the vagina that is not normal or a change in your menstrual cycle that you can’t explain.
- Bleeding when something comes in contact with your cervix, such as during sex or when you put in a diaphragm.
- Pain during sex.
- Vaginal discharge that is tinged with blood.Request a Call Back
Why you Should Choose World Class Hospitals in India for Cervical Cancer Treatment ?
- Reputed Cervical Cancer Specialists who have global experience and follow latest cancer treatment protocols.
- Complete Cancer Care under one roof- Right from cancer screening, early detection, multi-disciplinary treatment to rehabilitation.
- Affordable Cancer Treatment Packages.
- Latest High-end technology infrastructure like Robotic Surgery System, Brain Suite, Novalis Radiosurgery TX, PET Scan, CyberKnife , Gamma Knife, IMRT and IGRT that help quick diagnosis and recovery.
- Best quality Drugs, Medicines and Consumables for Cancer Care are produced in India at lowest cost and exported to World’s best hospital. This results in lowest overall cost of world class cancer treatment in India.
- Well trained English speaking Doctors, Nurses and Support Staff provide competent and compassionate Cancer care.
Diagnosis Of Cervical Cancer
Pap Test. Cervical Cone Biopsy (Conization). Using a scalpel, Gyneconcologist removes a cone-shaped piece of cervical tissue where the abnormality is found. A Pap test can detect abnormal cells in the cervix, including cancer cells and cells that show changes that increase the risk of cervical cancer.
HPV DNA Test. Your doctor may also use a lab test called the HPV DNA test to determine whether you are infected with any of the types of HPV that are most likely to lead to cervical cancer. Like the Pap test, the HPV DNA test involves collecting cells from the cervix for lab testing.
If you experience signs and symptoms of cervical cancer or if a Pap test has revealed cancerous cells, you may undergo further tests to diagnose your cancer. To make a diagnosis, your doctor may:
Examine Your Cervix. During an exam called colposcopy, your doctor uses a special microscope to examine your cervix for abnormal cells. If your doctor identifies unusual areas, he or she may take a small sample of cells for analysis.
Take a Sample of Cervical Cells. During a biopsy procedure your doctor removes a sample of unusual cells from your cervix using special biopsy tools.
Remove a Cone-Shaped Area of Cervical Cells. A cone biopsy so called because it involves taking a cone-shaped sample of the cervix – allows your doctor to obtain deeper layers of cervical cells for laboratory testing. Your doctor may use a scalpel, laser or electrified wire loop to cut away the tissue.
Treatment of Cervical Cancer at World Class Hospitals in India
Types of Treatment
Treatment choices for Cervical cancer may be a single therapy or a combination of therapies, such as:
Surgery: to remove the cancer. The type of surgery needed depends on the location and extent of cervical cancer and whether you want to have children. There are Various surgeries to treat early cervical cancer are:
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery is a procedure that uses a laser beam (a narrow beam of intense light) as a knife to make bloodless cuts in tissue or to remove a surface lesion such as a tumor.
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP). In this procedure, Gyneconcologist uses a wire loop to pass electrical current, which cuts diseased tissue from the cervix.
- Conization: Conization, also called a cone biopsy, is a procedure that is used to remove a cone-shaped piece of tissue from the cervix and cervical canal. A pathologist will view the tissue under a microscope to look for cancer cells.
- Hysterectomy: In a hysterectomy, the uterus and cervix are removed. The ovaries and fallopian tubes or pelvic lymph nodes may be taken out during the same operation, but this isn’t a part of every hysterectomy.
- Lymphadenectomy. In a lymphadenectomy, Gyneconcologist removes the lymph nodes that drain the cervix.
Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is prescribed to treat cervical cancer and also to help radiation therapy be more effective. Chemotherapy drugs work by killing cancer cells or preventing them from multiplying. Several chemotherapy drugs are available to treat cervical cancer and will be prescribed according to the stage of cancer, type of cervical cancer, and other health factors.
Radiation Therapy: Radiation therapy uses high energy beams to reduce the size of a tumor or to kill cancer cells. This type of treatment can be done internally with radioactive materials that are implanted in the uterus or externally with the use of a radiation therapy machines.Often prescribed with chemotherapy, radiation therapy is an effective method of treating cervical cancer. It can however, be prescribed alone or before or after chemotherapy.
Cost of Cervical Cancer Treatment in India
Cervical Cancer Treatment is the most affordable at our hospitals in India. Indicative Costs of various treatment steps is given below
- Biopsy or PET scan: Costs around USD 500.
- Chemotherapy: Costs approximately USD 1500.
- Surgery: Costs USD 5,000.