Uterine Artery Embolization – Advantages and Treatment Options from the Best Hospitals and the Top Specialists in India
Without any Need of Surgical Treatments like Hysterectomy and Myomectomy. Uterine Artery Embolization A Non-Surgical Treatments for Fibroids, Adenomyosis and Endometriosis.
10 Great Advantages of Uterine Artery Embolization for Fibroids
- It is performed under Local anaesthesia. Not General anaesthesia.
- Requires only a tiny nick in the skin (No surgical incision of abdomen).
- Recovery is shorter than from hysterectomy or open myomectomy.
- Within 3 days patient can attend the job.
- Virtually no adhesion formation has been found. But in surgery adhesions are common.
- All fibroids are treated at once, which is not the case with myomectomy.
- There has been no observed recurrent growth of treated fibroids in the past 9 years.
- Uterine fibroid embolization involves virtually no blood loss or risk of blood transfusion.
- Many women resume light activities in a few days and the majority of women are able to return to normal activities (including exercise) within a week. If the presenting complaint was excess vaginal bleeding, 87-90% of cases experience resolution within 24hours.
- Emotionally, financially and physically benign procedure -embolization can have an overall advantage over other procedures as the uterus is not removed.