Uterine Artery Embolization – Advantages and Treatment Options from the Best Hospitals and the Top Specialists in India
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is assured.
Q. What is Fibroid Embolization?
It is a minimally invasive procedure, which means it requires only a tiny nick in the skin. It is performed while the patient is conscious but sedated – drowsy and feeling no pain. Fibroid embolization is performed by an interventional radiologist, a physician who is specially trained to perform this and other minimally invasive procedures.
The interventional radiologist makes a small nick in the skin (less then ¼ of an inch) in the groin and inserts a catheter into an artery. The catheter is guided through the artery to the uterus while the interventional radiologist guide the progress of the procedure using a moving X-ray (fluoroscopy). The interventional radiologist injects tiny plastic particles the size of grains of sand into the artery that is supplying blood to the fibroid tumor.
This cuts off the blood flow and causes the tumor (or tumors) to shrink. The artery on the other side of the uterus is then treated. Embolization preparation: A tiny angiographic catheter is inserted through a nick in the skin in to an artery and advanced into uterus.While embolization to treat uterine fibroids has been performed since 1995, embolization of the uterus is not new. It has been used successfully by interventional radiologist for over 20 years to treat heavy bleeding after childbirth. This procedure is now available at few hospitals.
Q. What are the Conditions that can be treated?
Uterine Artery Embolization has many Indications:
- Single / multiple Uterine Fibroids.
- Failed myomectomy / recurrence of fibroids after myomectomy.
- High risk patient for surgery like obesity, anemia, chronic renal failure etc.
- Post-partum Hemorrhage.
- Bleeding from Cancer of Cervix & Uterus.
- Pre-operative embolization to reduce bleeding during uterine surgery.
Q. Which Patient can go for Fibroid Embolization?
- They have single / multiple fibroids
- The fibroids are symptomatic
- There is no cancer (as suggested by pap smear or endometrial biopsy).
10 Great Advantages of Uterine Artery Embolization for Fibroids
- It is performed under Local anaesthesia. Not General anaesthesia.
- Requires only a tiny nick in the skin (No surgical incision of abdomen).
- Recovery is shorter than from hysterectomy or open myomectomy.
- Within 3 days patient can attend the job.
- Virtually no adhesion formation has been found. But in surgery adhesions are common.
- All fibroids are treated at once, which is not the case with myomectomy.
- There has been no observed recurrent growth of treated fibroids in the past 9 years.
- Uterine fibroid embolization involves virtually no blood loss or risk of blood transfusion.
- Many women resume light activities in a few days and the majority of women are able to return to normal activities (including exercise) within a week. If the presenting complaint was excess vaginal bleeding, 87-90% of cases experience resolution within 24hours.
- Emotionally, financially and physically benign procedure -embolization can have an overall advantage over other procedures as the uterus is not removed.
We Assure Most Affordable Estimates with in 48 Hours from Hospitals in India.
We help you get FREE Expert Opinion from Top Doctors at Best Hospitals in All Major Cities in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once we receive your reports, we will get them reviewed by our medical experts and will send you a detailed treatment package consisting of doctor’s diagnosis, treatment plan, cost of treatment, duration of stay in hospital and duration of stay in India besides other relevant details.
Once you have confirmed to us that you want to proceed further to get treatment in India, our team will help you with the Indian medical visa assistance and documentation process. We will also help you in arranging for a comfortable local stay for you and your attendant. You don’t have to send any money in advance.
Savings can be from 30-50%, depending upon the procedure and the destination. Your treatment will be carried out from only the best hospitals in India that are NABH accredited and have specialists that are recognized globally for their expertise.
From the date you decide on one of the three affordable treatment packages offered to you. It may take 1- 3 weeks to obtain Medical Visa and book flight tickets. We have zero waiting period and you can be received at the Airport on arrival and immediately admitted at hospital and treatment will start.
Its advisable that you should not delay your treatment particularly in case of severe illnesses like Cancer, Heart or Spine etc. Early start of treatment results in quick recovery and lower expense compared to delay of treatment.
The difference in cost package due to the labour and insurance costs of the hospital operating in India, and not by the difference in the quality of treatment.
Each patient is assigned to a SafeMedTrip Patient Case Manager who will take care of every single detail ranging from arrival to send off.
Yes, of course. We will provide you with complete assistance in selecting high-quality hotels near the hospital location that fits your budget.
You will be given a complete profile of the specialist before you proceed for the treatment. On special request, we will be happy to connect you with him through a teleconferencing service facilitated by Skype.
Ms.Sherber, USA, Fibroids Treatments
It feels blessed to have a bundle of joy in our arms and Safemedtrip made our dream of becoming parents come true. It was a joyous experience here in India and I can honestly say that I can’t remember ever been taken care of by so many nice, kind, and caring people.
I’m sure that many people will find it to be a big decision as I did to come to a different country not knowing anyone and worrying about the language barrier, and being so far from home. But yet we came here with full support from the team of Safemedtrip who made sure that we met the experts in the field of fibroids who guided us well throughout. For those who are apprehensive of coming to India for treatment, let me reassure you it is not a problem at all.”
Ms.Sherber, USA, Fibroids TreatmentsRefer a Patient
Watch this Video
Benefit from our expertise of helping hundreds of foreign patients find top quality, affordable medical care in India.
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.