Laproscopic Urology – Benefits, Procedures & Treatment from Best & World Class Hospitals in India.
Excellent Outcomes and Affordable Cost is assured.
Laproscopic Urology Treatment
Why you should choose World Class Hospitals in India for Most Advanced Treatment for Bladder Cancer?
The term urology refers to the genitourinary tract (body organs that deal with urine formation, evacuation and reproduction) in both males and females. In females this field is majorly covered by gynecologists and obstetricians and in males there are specialist urologists who deal with these problems.
Earlier due to lack of technology and sophisticated instruments, most of the surgeries required big incisions that involved cutting of large muscles, lot of blood loss, longer recovery period and thus a longer hospital stay. Now with the advent of new technology, minimally invasive surgical procedures have become more prevalent and since they involve a shorter recovery period and minimum complications, they are preferred by patients and doctors.
Minimally invasive surgery is also known as keyhole surgery and is carried out with the help of a special instrument known as laparoscope. This instrument is a fiber optic tube which has light and camera at its tip. This camera when inserted inside the body cavity shows the actual condition of the tissues inside and these pictures are projected on the computer screen. The surgeon is able to see the actual picture and decide his action plan. Micro sized surgical instruments are inserted through small holes made in the abdomen and manipulated by the surgeons to complete the procedure with minimum damage to surrounding tissues. The area is expanded by introducing an inert gas which gives the surgeons better visibility. Since the muscles cutting is less and blood loss is minimum, the postoperative complications and recovery time is less. The surgery must be carried out by specialist urologists who are trained and experienced in laparoscopic surgeries. Also these surgeries require longer time to be carried out.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Instead of one single large incision of 10-15 cm, 3-4 small keyhole incisions of 3-5 mm are made.
- Healing time is less so recovery is faster.
- Lesser scar tissue and less blood loss.
- Less pain and external scarring.
- Minimum injury to surrounding tissues.Get Estimate
Types of Procedures for Laparoscopic Urology
Many types of procedures that deal with conditions of kidneys, bladder, urethra, vagina and testes etc., are included in laparoscopic urology.
- Laparoscopic Removal of Kidney Cancer : Using the micro instruments the diseased part of the kidney or the entire kidney is crushed and removed through the 3-4 tiny holes of 5mm to 10mm size. In case of kidney failure also this procedure can be used to remove damaged kidney.
- Laparoscopic removal of bladder cancer : Keyhole incisions are made in the lower part of abdomen through which instruments are inserted to carry out partial removal of bladder wall if cancer is localized or total removal of bladder along with lymph nodes if the cancer has spread. A new artificial bladder is constructed to allow the patient to store urine.
- Laparoscopic removal of prostate cancer : Recently advanced laparoscopic surgery with the help of a robot called the da Vinci system is fast getting popularity among surgeons. The robot carries out the entire surgery through keyhole incision made in the lower part of abdomen. The small incisions allow full or partial removal of the prostate gland with minimal damage to bladder or urethra. The surgeon controls the robot from a remote distance.
- Laparoscopic Hernia repair : Hernia is a weak point in the abdominal wall through which abdominal contents can spill out while coughing, sneezing, picking up heavy weights or straining during defecation. 2-4 keyholes are made near the inguinal area in case of inguinal hernia repair and a prolene sheet is placed to cover the defect. Bilateral inguinal hernia repair can also be carried out using laparoscopic surgery.
- Laparoscopic repair of Pelvic – ureteric junction : The kidneys produce urine that is collected in the renal pelvis from where it passes through the long tubes called ureter to enter the bladder. At times there is an obstruction at the point where the renal pelvis becomes continuous with the ureters. There is narrowing at this point. The surgery requires removing of this narrowed junction, trimming of the renal pelvis and reattachment of the ureters to the renal pelvis. Traditionally this required a 10 cm long incision in the abdomen, but a laparoscopic surgery involves making of only 3-4 keyholes around the umbilicus.
- Laparoscopic removal of stones in the ureter, kidney and bladder : 3-4 keyhole incisions are made through which the laparoscope is introduced to visualize the size and location of the stones. Special probes are inserted through the instrument which powder the stones and suck them out or direct them to the bladder from where they can be flushed out.
- Laparoscopic treatment of undescended Testes : Generally the testes descend from the abdomen into the scrotum just before birth in male babies. However sometimes this doesn’t take place and they need to be put in their position through surgery. This surgery requires a lot of precision which can only be attained through magnification by a laparoscopic camera as the surgery needs to be carried out at one year when the body parts of an infant are really small.
- Laparoscopic repair of Vesico – vaginal repair : Usually the vaginal wall and the bladder wall are distinct but at times due to injury, disease or prolonged labor an abnormal connection forms between them. This causes urinary incontinence. Through 4 keyholes during laparoscopic surgery, the organ walls are repaired and a layer of fat obtained from the abdomen is placed between the walls. Repair by traditional surgery would require a bigger incision and more damage to surrounding structures during approach as both bladder and uterus are placed deeply.
- Laparoscopic Varicocoelectomy : Usually the testis is placed in the scrotum, and is at a lower temperature than the rest of the body so as to allow normal sperm production. But sometimes the veins carrying blood from testis to the heart get blocked, dilated and engorged. The blood collects here making the testes warm. This can affect sperm production. Through laparoscopic surgery, 3 – 4 keyholes are made and the blood supply to this vein is stopped.
All these surgeries require a shorter hospital stay of around 3-4 days and a faster recovery period of 15 days as opposed to traditional surgery where the hospital stay can be as long as 2 weeks and the patient slowly gets back to normal activities of daily living by 6 weeks.
We Assure Most Affordable Estimates with in 48 Hours from Top Hospitals in India.
We help you get FREE Expert Opinion from Top Doctors at Best Hospitals in All Major Cities in India.
How it Works – Get Most Affordable Treatment in India
Send medical reports by WhatsApp/Email
Receive quotation(s) within 48 Hours
Get Free Medical Visa & Airport Pick up
Medical Treatment Assisted & Fly Back Home
Frequently Asked Questions
Once we receive your reports, we will get them reviewed by our medical experts and will send you a detailed treatment package consisting of doctor’s diagnosis, treatment plan, cost of treatment, duration of stay in hospital and duration of stay in India besides other relevant details.
Once you have confirmed to us that you want to proceed further to get treatment in India, our team will help you with the Indian medical visa assistance and documentation process. We will also help you in arranging for a comfortable local stay for you and your attendant. You don’t have to send any money in advance.
Savings can be from 30-50%, depending upon the procedure and the destination. Your treatment will be carried out from only the best hospitals in India that are NABH accredited and have specialists that are recognized globally for their expertise.
From the date you decide on one of the three affordable treatment packages offered to you. It may take 1- 3 weeks to obtain Medical Visa and book flight tickets. We have zero waiting period and you can be received at the Airport on arrival and immediately admitted at hospital and treatment will start.
Its advisable that you should not delay your treatment particularly in case of severe illnesses like Cancer, Heart or Spine etc. Early start of treatment results in quick recovery and lower expense compared to delay of treatment.
The difference in cost package due to the labour and insurance costs of the hospital operating in India, and not by the difference in the quality of treatment.
Each patient is assigned to a SafeMedTrip Patient Case Manager who will take care of every single detail ranging from arrival to send off.
Yes, of course. We will provide you with complete assistance in selecting high-quality hotels near the hospital location that fits your budget.
You will be given a complete profile of the specialist before you proceed for the treatment. On special request, we will be happy to connect you with him through a teleconferencing service facilitated by Skype.
What people say about us
I had so many apprehensions and concerns prior to coming to India for surgery that I needed badly to regain my health. “Thanks for your always prompt responses to my volley of questions and concerns. I could not have managed even a step without your staff’s excellent care.
I couldn’t be happier with the Indian hospitals, surgeon, physicians and their expertise. Everyone is very professional yet compassionate. All staff nurses and doctors are very attentive. My stay during treatment in India was very comfortable.
Thanks you all and God bless you
Ms. Janet Biuware From Cameroon.Refer a Patient
Get the SafeMedTrip Advantage
Get Expert Medical Opinion/ Second Opinion – Send us the Medical reports by Email or WhatsApp and we will get you Expert Advice and Treatment Cost Estimates from Top Specialist at Three of India’s leading hospitals within 48 hours.
Free Concierge Services – Once you decide to come to India, We will arrange Priority Scheduling of Hospital Appointments, Travel & Visa Assistance, Airport Pick up, Economical Hotel Stay, Complete Local Support 24X7.
No Obligation – Zero Cost Assistance. We do not collect any service fee from patients. You will directly pay the hospitals after you arrive in India. We ensure Quick, Hassle Free, Affordable Treatment at World Class hospitals in India.