Hip Replacement in India – High quality Hip Joint Surgery at a fraction of the cost
Total Hip Replacement Surgery (THR)
Total Hip Replacement (THR) is a treatment to all kinds of hip arthritis, improving the quality of life of patients who undergo the operation. The trouble causing hip is surgically removed and replaced with an artificial one. In Total Hip Replacement, the entire femoral head is removed. A new ball and socket is placed as an implant/prosthesis. The new hip ball is attached to a stem which gets machined inside the hip bone. Hip Replacement Implant can wear out over a period of time due to various reasons. The average hip replacement traditionally lasts for 15-20 years, but in younger patients it can wear out much sooner. Once the hip replacement implant wears out, a revision hip replacement procedure may be considered.
There are two major types of artificial hip replacements – Cemented Prosthesis and the Uncemented Prosthesis. Both types of prosthesis are widely used.
Each prosthesis is made up of Two parts :-
1) The acetabular component, or socket portion, which replaces the acetabulum.
2) The femoral component or stem portion, which replaces the femoral head.
The femoral component is made of a metal stem with a metal ball on the end. Some prosthesis have a ceramic ball attached to the metal stem. The acetabular component is a metal shell with a plastic inner socket liner that acts like a bearing. The type of plastic used is highly cross linked ultra high molecule weight Polyethylene which is wear resistant.
A cemented prosthesis is held in place by Poly Metha Acrylate (PMMA) cement that attaches the metal to the bone. An uncemented prosthesis has a fine mesh of holes on the surface area that touches the bone. The mesh allows the bone to grow into the mesh and “become part of” the bone.
Hip Replacement Surgery is required when you face:-
- Progressively worsening severe arthritis in the hip joint
- Common Hip problems resulting into Osteoarthritis
- Bony fractures of the hip joint, rheumatoid arthritis, and death (aseptic necrosis) of the hip bone.
- After pain becomes so severe that it impedes normal function despite use of
- Dependency on Anti-inflammatory and/or pain medications.
- Benign and malignant bone tumours.
- Paget’s disease occurs mainly in the elderly. Bones become enlarged and weakened, with the potential of a fracture or deformity of the hip bones.
Advantages of Hip Replacement Surgery
- Hip replacement improves quality of life.
- Age is no barrier to hip replacement benefits.
- Hip replacement is cost effective.
- High rate of patient satisfaction associated with hip replacement
- The artificial hip often improves the movements in a hip joint that has become increasingly stiff from the effects of long term arthritis and this permits the patient to resume at first gentle activity and then their favourite leisure hobbies
- Improves mobility
Hip Joint Surgery in India
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery (THR)
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Surgery (BHR)
- Computer Assisted Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Hip Joint Surgery
- World-class Hospital
- Zero waiting time and priority Appointment Booking
- Post-surgery Rehabilitation for faster recovery
Big Savings! Getting a Hip Replacement or a Hip Resurfacing Surgery has become a very expensive affair in USA or UK. For example, a Hip Replacement/ Resurfacing Surgery in USA would cost you 33,000 to 57,000 US Dollars whereas the same surgery would cost you just one fifth or one sixth of that cost in India. Many patients suffering from severe Hip Pain are postponing there surgery due to high cost of surgery. Most of these people are either uninsured or underinsured. They lead a very painful life till they are able to arrange money for an expensive surgery.
Most Modern Technology and Expertise- In some other countries there is a long waiting list or lack of technology and expertise. The hospitals in India provide just the right solution for all these problems. You can get a Hip Replacement/ Resurfacing surgery in India at very low cost by expert and vast experienced doctors and at a world class hospital.
To know more about Hip Replacement Surgery in India please visit this link : https://safemedtrip.com/medical-services/orthopedic-surgeries-treatment-in-india/hip-replacement-surgery-in-india.html