Dr. Shyam Sundar S
Senior Consultant, MCh, MS, MBBS, 15 years of experience Calicut, IndiaSend Enquiry
Dr. Shyam Sundar S is a leading name in the field of advanced neurosurgical procedures. A Neurosurgeon with +15 years of experience, is a specialist in MIS procedures of the brain. He holds professional memberships of the Neurological Society of India and the Skull Base Surgery Society of India.
After completing his MBBS in 1995 from the Medical College Hospitals, Thiruvananthapuram, he did his MS in 2000. In 2006, he also completed his M.Ch in neurosurgery and was a Sugita Scholar at Nagoya University in 2012.
Dr. Sundar S is renowned for endoscopic and keyhole brain and skull base surgeries, including pituitary surgeries. He is particularly interested in highly advanced neurosurgical work for brain mapping, brain and skull base tumors, and monitoring and awake surgeries. He also specialises in vascular surgery of the brain like aneurysm, vascular malformations, carotid endarterectomies and vascular bypass. He performs surgeries for functional and pain disorders like trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm and surgery for epilepsy. He is also involved in spine surgery for tumors arising from within the spinal cord or the nerves. He is among the pioneers in Kerala in the field of endoscopic skull base work.
- Minimally invasive / key hole and endoscopic brain and skull base surgery, including pituitary surgeries.
- Neuro oncology : brain mapping and monitoring and awake surgeries.
- Neurovascular surgeries : Aneurysms, vascular malformation, carotid endarterectomies and vascular bypass
- Functional neurosurgery and surgery for pain disorders, surgery for epilepsy, trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm and other pain procedures.
- Spine surgery of tumors arising from within the spinal cord or the nerves.
- Endoscopic and key hole brain and skull base surgeries, including pituitary surgeries.
- 2012, Nagoya University, Japan.
- MCh, 2006, Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram.
- MS, 2000, Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram.
- MBBS, 1995, Medical College Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram.