Dr. Surya Bhan
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
41 years of experience
MBBS, D.Ortho, MS, FRCS
Prof. Surya Bhan is former head of orthopedics department, chief of emergency services and chief of trauma center, AIIMS, New Delhi. With over 30 years of experience in teaching and training orthopedic surgeons. He is a one of world renowned joint replacement surgeon with experience of having performed over 20,000 joint replacements surgeries.
He has provided orthopedic treatment to the president, Vice president and three Prime Ministers of India. He has pioneered the establishment of the first dedicated Fresh Frozen Bone Bank in India, at AIIMS, New Delhi. Second similar bone bank facility has been established by him at Primus Super Specialty Hospital.
- MBBS – King Georges Medical College, Lucknow University, 1967
- Diploma in Orthopaedics – kanpur University, 1970
- MS – Orthopaedics – kanpur University, 1972
- 1996 – 2016 Former Head of Orthopaedics Department at Chief of Emergency Services and Chief of Trauma Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Orthopaedics,Director & Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon at Primus Super Speciality Hospital