Dr. Salil Garg
Head of Department , DNB, MD, MBBS, 28 years of experience,
New Delhi, India
Dr (Col) Salil Garg is a graduate of AFMC and an Interventional Cardiologist and Professor of Medicine and Cardiology. He has been Professor of Medicine and Cardiology at AHRR and BHDC and also Assoc.Professor of Medicine at CHCC (KGMU) and AFMC. He is also a DNB Examiner and an Assessor for Cardiology.
He has more than 10 papers in peer reviewed journals and has guided more than 10 students in Medicine and Cardiology. He has performed more than 10000 cardiac procedures and also implanted Micras and TAVRs. His special interest is in Complex Angioplasties, CTOs, Left Main and Bifurcations and peripheral angioplasties including Carotids.
He has performed more than 700 devices(ICD, Pacemakers and CRTs) and numerous Rotablations, IVUS and OCTs along with ASD,VSD,PDA closures and BMVs and PVBDs. His special interest includes Complex Interventions, Heart Failure and Heart Transplant. In 2019 he delivered a talk on Medical Ethics at the Oxford University,UK.
- Complex Angioplasties/Rotablation /OCT/IVUS
- Heart Failure Advanced-Medical Therapy/CRTs/Heart Transplants
- Pacemakers/ICDs/Micra insertion/Leadless ICDs
- Closure of ASD/VSD/PDA with devices
- TAVR/BMV/AVBD and PVBD
Education and Training
- DNB, 2008, Army Hospital R&R, New Delhi
- MD, 1999, Pune University
- MBBS, 1990, Pune University