Dr. Kewal Krishan
Director , Fellowship, DNB, MCh, MS, MBBS, 16 years of experience,
Dr. Kewal Krishan is one of the youngest and accomplished Cardiac Surgeon in Asia with an experience of 16 years. He specializes in complex cardiac surgical treatments like ECMO, LVAD, Heart Transplant,Aortic (Dissection/Homografts) Surgery, Assist Device implantation, Redo surgeries, Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgeryand Aortic & Mitral Valve Replacement.
His expertise over redo surgeries has received him much recognition worldwide. He has done the highest number of LVADs in North India and also leads in the number of ECMOs done in India. He has been a Gold Medalist with multiple publications and conferences being a part of his accolade and is a Diplomate in National Board in Cardiothoracic Ventricular.
He did the first Heart Transplant at Max Healthcare. Dr. Kewal Krishan is a Member of multiple reputed organizations across the world few of which include the membership of the Ross Community, Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, Cardiothoracic Net (CSTNet), Heart Failure society of India, Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS), and Life membership and Fellowship of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (FIACS).
His contribution towards understanding complex cardiac surgical procedures can be well understood by his extensive study in collaboration with other prominent researchers across the country, and is manifested in his several publications which have been acknowledged by National and International Journals.
Dr. Krishan graduated MBBS from Sardar Patel Medical College(Bikaner), MS (General Surgery) from Sawai Man Singh Medical College(Jaipur), M.Ch (CTVS) from Sawai Man Singh Medical College(Jaipur), DNB (CTVS) from National Board of Examinations (New Delhi), Advanced Clinical Fellow (Cardiothoracic surgery) from Mayo Clinic (Rochester and New York) with an advanced Device training from New York, USA.
- Mitral Valve Surgery,
- Heart Transplant,
- Aortic Valve Surgery,
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting,
- Adult Cardiac Surgery,
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD),
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO),
- Fetal Echocardiography,
- Valvular Heart Surgery,
- Aortic (Dissection/Homografts) Surgery,
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery,
- Aortic & Mitral Valve Replacement,
- Redo Surgeries,
- Heart Valve Surgery,
- Heart Failure Surgery,
- Endovascular Surgeon,
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education and Training
- MBBS, Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
- MS (General Surgery), SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- M.Ch (CTVS), SMS Medical College,Jaipur
- DNB (CTVS), Diplomat of National Board, New Delhi
- Advanced Clinical Fellow, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesotta, USA
- Advanced Clinical Fellowship, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, USA
- HeartMate II, HeartWare, DuraHeart & HeartMate XVE Device Training, New York, USA