Dr. Mathangi J.
Dr. Mathangi J. – Surgical Oncologist
16+ years of experience
MBBS, DNBSend Enquiry
Dr. Mathangi J is a well-known Radiation Oncologist. Her medical interests are the treatment of Hepatobiliary cancers, Hypofractionated radiotherapy, Gating techniques, Treatment of Endometrial cancers and Treatment of Lung cancers, etc.
She has 16 years of experience in the field of Radiation Oncology. She has been honored with a Gold Medal, AROI, TN and Pondy Chapter – 2006.
She is an active member of various organizations including the European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), American Society for Therapeutic Oncology (ASTRO), Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI), and European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO). Prior to working with BGS Global Hospital, she has worked with various medical institutions across India.
- Treatment of Hepatobiliary cancers
- Hypofractionated radiotherapy
- Gating techniques
- Treatment of Endometrial cancers
- Treatment of Lung cancers
- Women cancer management – Breast and cervix
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Treatment of Head and neck cancers
- Adaptive radiotherapy
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Treatment of Cervix cancers
- Cancer screening programs
- Cancer awareness talks
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Treatment of Benign brain tumors
- Stereotactic body ablative radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Treatment of GI cancers – Esophagus, rectum
- Brachytherapy (Internal Radiation Therapy)
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy ( IMRT)
- Treatment of GU cancers – Prostate, bladder
- DIBH- heart sparing technique for Left-sided breast cancers
- Treatment of Brain tumors
- MBBS, 1998, Stanley Medical College & Hospital , Chennai
- DNB, 2009, Radiotherapy – Apollo cancer speciality hospital, chennai