About Mini Bypass Surgery
The so-called mini-bypass heart surgery is done through a cut in the chest which is three times smaller than usual. Within a day of the operation, patients can begin their recovery on paracetamol instead of the morphine painkillers they would usually need.
The cut is made just 8cm (3ins) long in the lower part of chestbone. With a much smaller cut in the sternum, the heart surgeon carefully manipulates the heart until the diseased artery is directly below the hole. The heart surgeon re-routes the blood supply to the heart muscle through the mammary artery, which lies close by, and a transplanted section of artery from the lower arm.
The technique is currently done in just very few surgical centres around the world. But its advantages are so great that it is expected to be rapidly adopted by other hospitals.
Benefits of Mini Bypass Surgery
By causing far less trauma to the patient, surgeons say the recovery time is significantly reduced.
- Short hospital stay
- The cost is “One third” of the cost of normal bypass surgery
- Drugs bill is low
- With a smaller cut there are more chances of early recovery
A Nigerian patient underwent Successful Mini Bypass heart surgery at Safemedtrip affiliated top hospital in India. The patient was a Nigerian man who travelled 5,000 miles to India because he was determined to have the mini-bypass surgery. He said: “With a smaller cut and a good rate of early recovery, it is far better for me. I am looking forward to seeing my children and grandchildren.”
The Heart Surgeon at Safemedtrip affiliated hospital in India who performed this new operating technique in India said, “patients leave hospital in as few as three days instead of seven, are back at work in two weeks instead of four, and are able to drive after one month instead of three”.
He further added: “What really pushes them to work quickly is the fact they don’t have pain. They can get up and walk the next day and not realise they have had some surgery done to them. “I think it is the future of heart bypasses. If you can give the patient something that is less painful, then why not…”You may click https://safemedtrip.com/contact-us.html to obtain a free no obligation opinion from a top Indian Hospital or a top doctor in India OR write to us at [email protected] or [email protected]
Advantage of availing treatment at Safemedtrip affiliated hospital in India: –We help and hand hold patients looking for medical treatment in India so that they get a seamless service right from their first contact with us. An international patient looking for medical care in another far off country is anxious and has so many questions and concerns. Safemedtrip promises to help by its expertise and speed and quality of response. From arranging opinion from India’s best hospitals, hospital appointment bookings, travel and hotel accommodation, we manage our customer’s needs efficiently. The best part of our service is, we are based in India where overseas patients need support the most and are just a phone call away.
Safemedtrip makes Medical Travel to India very easy and memorable!
- A trusted organization to guide you at every step of the way and make your visit to India a successful, rather a memorable medical travel experience.
- Safemedtrip.com is the leading facilitator in India and we work with India’s top hospitals and doctors.
- The hospitals and doctors are very busy with medical work and Safemedtrip collaborates with them to help reach out to patients and render assistance on non medical aspects at no extra cost to the patient.
- Affiliation with world class hospitals which use International protocols and multidisciplinary team approach
- Safemedtrip ensures Zero Waiting Time and Best Cost service from World Class hospitals in India
- Safemedtrip gets you Expert Opinion from India’s top Specialists based on customers’ medical reports – answered in just 24-48 hours
- Safemedtrip.com is available for you International Helpline Number: +91-9899993637
- Priority Scheduling of appointments, Hotel, Visa Assistance Local Hospitality – Free Airport Transfers to/ from the hospital